1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be threatened by the Bears?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, May 27, 2007.

1. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

the lions are tougher than the bears:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You still have a lot to learn about American Football I see...:icon_eek:

3. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_huh: :icon_tease:

4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Out of the NFC, it would appear that the Bears are the only team that could even come close to concerning us. Only San Diego, Jacksonville, Chicago & New England ended up in the top 10 in both offense & defense this past season.

This year San Diego played 3 of the top 10 scoring teams, beating 2 of them. 2006 NFL Scoring Offense

We also played 5 games against the teams in the top 10 in defense, winning 3 of those game and losing 2. Those stats include the game we played in the postseason. 2006 NFL Total Defense

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Fred Miller does not man up well against Castillo. Nobody mans up against Jamal. Grossman will be running(or what passes for running with Grossman) for his life.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

I am not concerned about the Bears. The real Super Bowl will be the AFC Championship and any of which teams could beat the Bears.

As long as they have Rex Grossman, forgetaboutit.

7. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    They still do have Brian Griese though, and in a big game if Rex was struggling, I've gotta believe that Lovie Smith would have a much quicker hook.

It wouldn't really matter though, I believe that any of the AFC's best could beat the Bears, especially in a big game with everything on the line.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Brian Griese does not strike fear nor sphincter factor otherwise agreed.

If we do not win it all this year, we need to take over Chargers Park in a coup de dickweeds.....or maybe a mass of fans peeing on their parking lot? :abq2:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Why should we, if the Bears were in the AFC last year, they might have been an 8 and 8 team at best!

10. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Griese may not exactly be the second coming of his Dad, but he is a veteran who could be a decent alternitive if "Rexy" should continue to struggle.

I'm prepared to join my fellow Charger fans in revolt as we "storm the Bastillle" should they fail to get it done next season with this ultra-talented team!

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :lions: lions and :bengals: tigers and :Bears: bears oh my. PFFT. cant run from lightining baby, and u sure cant keep up with LighTning. :bolt2:

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    What do we do best? Shut down the running game which leaves the Bears with Grossman.

Done deal. :helm1:

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Our run defense was not all that hot last year. We were lucky to make the Top 10.

We need more d-line and more d-line. Phuc the rest of the fags in the backfield because if the d-line is eating their testicles for lunch, the game is over before we even crack the first beer. :yes: :abq2:

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm glad they got the linebackers. We need as many good pass rushers as we can muster. Hopefully one of the linebackers they got this off season will be a good one. Were very probably gonna have to start looking for another very good d-lineman next off season.

ONly thing they can do now to improve the d-backfield is better coaching. Which i think they improved by getting the new guy. The last d-backfield coach in my opinion suucked.

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've heard a couple of the pundits say they think the Lions might be this year's surprise team.

I have my doubts .... but hey, that division is crap and if Detroit gets some decent QB play, they might have a shot.

The Bears have some real devisive problems. Contracts, trades, defections .... not to mention a QB who melts down. Green Bay? A young defense (with old CB's), but an old QB and questionable OL with below average skill position players. Minny? I think they'll battle Oakland, KC, Miami etc for the first pick in the 2008 draft.

Somebody has to win that piece of crap division. Why not the Lions? They've only been rebuilding since 1957. :lol:

16. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848

You learn well

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and were those same pundits saying the Arizona Cardinals were going to be the surprise team of the year?

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Pats fans are saying the same thing about us. I hope they continue to feel that way. I hope the players feel that way, but I doubt it. We can put our stamp on the season by punking the Bears and the Pats, and I think we can beat both teams, but it ain't gonna be a cake walk. We have to whack these guys and that won't happen if they're taken lightly. I've waltzed into more than once situation thinking I was going to kick *** and take names. Next thing I remember I was being helped to my feet. Skinny little bastards, too. :lol:

19. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Probably .... hey, they gotta pick one.

Seems like every year a team does better than what people expect. Saints last year. SD in '04.

FWIW ... the Lions players that have been interviewed on Sirius really believe in their coaches and system, and exude a high level of confidence. Not over confident or arrogant, but feel they will be improved.

The weakness of that division does lend to one of the teams jumping up and doing well.

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    My Surprise team is the Browns...

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Their division is the opposite of the Lions. Collectively, the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens are a lot stronger than the Bears, Packers and Vikes.

The Browns haven't had their yearly devastating injury to a new FA or rookie ..... yet. Wonder who it's gonna be this year?