1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Show the secondary some love!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, Oct 29, 2007.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I know that as a Charger fan I should be against our secondary like Republican is against abortion but I gotta say that they've been playing pretty well lately.

Sure we get the occasional PI calls on Jammer (which by the way I've seen a lot less of this year) and the occasional bone headed plays by Florence but all in all I wouldn't consider them bad or even mediocre. They've shown that they can clean some clocks out there and that they can make some nice interceptions. Hell Jammer's even looking back now!

I just thought it was time for them to get a little support on the boards since they're always getting trashed by the fans.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    4 picks yesterday. Only 10 points allowed. They played well.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Played very well
    Cottrell deserves some love too, he brought the heat. Only one sack but it was there almost all day long

4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Those were 4 horrible throws by the QB's yesterday. I give them props for actually catching the ball. ****rell still holding this D back big time! He sucks big time!

5. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Props to Teddy and the D! :abq2::bolt::abq1:

I am gonna have a talk with my adopted son about not making the stupid penalties. He should realize with AC playing like he did that his starting spot is on the line.

6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I hear you. That play irked me a bit. Reminded me too much of what happened last year. Those types of plays absolutely kill momentum. I appreciate the aggressiveness but D-Flo has got to keep his head out of his *** especially in crucial situation.

7. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    [​IMG]

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Raiduhs and the Texans aren't good enough for me to decide how much Cotrell has improved things that last few weeks. Away at Denver was clutch. If our PF/PA ratio stays like this for three more weeks, then we'll know something for sure about our playoff potential.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Florence is a dirty ****ing player. Headhunting SOB. Always hitting (and getting the team in trouble for it) guys when their back/side is turned. *******.

Rest of the secondary was good. Cromatrie HUGE, Jammer HUGE. I still don't like giving up 3rd an longs and the TD at the end. Still NEED PRESSURE ON THE QB.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I gotta agree. A really good QB would have still torched our secondary yesterday - sad, but true. And Cottrell still sucks - no love for Teddy here. :tdown:

They're looking better, but still have MUCH room for improvement. We need to see more of Cro & Weddle, less of Flo & Hart.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I couldn't agree more. I think that we should pull out all the stops on offense and defense during the regular season that way we won't have any new wrinkles come playoff time so we can go one and done just like always. :icon_rofl:

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Texans are 4th in the league in passing yards, more than the Colts. They are 9th in passing yards per attempt, 6th in passes 20+ yards and 1st in passes 40+ yards. They are averaging 22 PPG. We held them to 10. Through 7 games, Texans' QBs had thrown 4 Ints. Yesterday, we picked off their QBs 4 times. Schaub had 3 INTs for the year coming into yesterday's game. We picked him off twice.

I know the Texans aren't the colts, but they have a pretty good offense. And we held them without a TD until garbage time.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Well hey.................if we show everything then they wont know which to defend :lol: