1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SI.com: Despite win and 7-2 record, Chargers still a mystery

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 12, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/11/12/snap.judgments/index.html

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    What does geography have to do with whether or not they can win a game? :rolleyes:

3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Phuck SI, thats why I unsubscribed to there mags. They give no love. We are for real, no one wants to believe it.

4. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    i could care less what they think, we won.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    What does geography have to do with whether or not they can win a game?

yeah they love making shyt like that up dont they, this is written like its common knowledge like tampa not being able to play in sub freezing temps. what a doucshe, f him up him john kruk lookin ***, (if that article was written by someone other than peter king disregard the kruk statement)

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    These are the kinds of things they come up with when they're looking for a reason to doubt a team, rather then looking for a reason to believe in them.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Isn't every team a mystery by the standards this guy is using?

The Bears lost to the Fins. So did the Queefs. The Donks were a Seabass missed figgy and an Andrew Walter meltdown away from losing to the Turds. The Colts needed a missed figgy to beat the Bills. The Pats lost to the Jets. The Ravens had to rally from 26-7 down to beat the Titans.

No team in this era plays 16 perfect games. The Bolts are 7-2. I guess the SI writer would have been more impressed if we'd won 20-17, but I'm more impressed by the resolve this team showed coming back to win.

As bad as the defense played, they really stepped up in the 2nd half, allowing only 13 points, and 7 of those came on one stupid miscommunication.

Props to the defense for showing some fight. Props to Jammer for playing a solid game. Props to McCree for blowing somebody up. And props to Phillips for making the play that set us up to take the lead.

Oh and props to Donnie for getting run over 16 times but managing to hold on for the tackle. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    That's me too... Yeah, it would've been cool to win a nice, hard-fought 27-10 type game, but I think there's more value to today's win. This kind of win can engender the "team of destiny" attitude as well as making sure a team never feels like they're out of a game in the future.

It's funny though...when the Bears came back to beat the Cardinals I remember hearing a little talk about how maybe the Bears were somewhat exposed, but nothing in the "the Bears are a mystery" category. I guess it's better to rely on your defense and a bunch of fluke turnovers and special teams TD's for your comeback than doing it the Chargers' way--with virtually unstoppable offense.

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Great post Boltssbbound. :icon_toast:

Spot on.:icon_toast:

Tomorrow is repping time for this post.:tup: :yes: :bolt: :icon_toast:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that's really sad

11. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I've heard this same crap from several places in the media..... what a bunch of dorks. Like crossing the state line is messing with the players' heads.

These idiots have to fill their columns with something so they write crap like this.

The baltimore game should have been a victory. The KC game had 3 turnovers in the first quarter. We came back and tied them only to lose on wade's "soft" defense.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    These tools are trying to back up their prediction in the preseason that we would only win 7 games all damn year.
    And our D against Cleveland wasnt as bad as they suggested, penalty yards aided that score A LOT.
    And 2 of those teams were the highest scoring teams in the NFL last year, and one has a QB on freakin fire.