1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SI ranks all the NFL owners. Spanos "Out to Lunch"?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/06/29/open.mike/index.html

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I like old man Spanos. He takes it on the chin from the fans, but he has a passion for the game, and he is the one who said we need the right people to run this team, and it isnt me. So he brought in Schotty, AJ, and Jobu. Things have been on an upswing since.

As far as his political affiliations go, SO WHAT?! Who does the reporter give to? Should that be an issue? NO! Why? Because football crosses political boundries and this crap doesnt belong in a football article, unless its about a player who turned politician.

Thats my opinion!

• Like Like x 3
  3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, I'm glad that Alex ceded the day-to-day operations of the Chargers to his son.

I really didn't like him too much after he allowed Al Davis' ball licker, Steve Ortmayer, to systematically dismantle the Chargers in the 1980s.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He was taking our jewels across his jowels when he first arrived. :icon_eek:

Since then he has recovered but his first meeting with the fans was almost a lynching. :yes:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't know. Jury is still out on Spanos for me. Something about the guy just make me not trust him. Spanos Jr. too. I guess time will tell.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If they do indeed get a stadium and stay here, then all will be good in Chargerville and the name Dean Spanos will be emblazoned with halos. :icon_mrgreen:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Perhaps. :yes:

8. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Spanons (Alex) has never really come off well to the public. But I can not agree that he is not interested in wining - nor do I really care to believe he wants to move the team Northward.

He has his false - but Dean really runs this team. Dean was the moron that move our camp to Carson (smart enough to bring it back) - and Dean had some really deep Public Relation issues for a couple of years there. He has his sea legs now......and I think this team has made huge strides in the Front Office the past couple of years.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    IMO that was written by someone with an opposite political value system than Spanos.

More garbage from the biased media (whatever form that bias may take).

I'm not crazy about the Spanos family but this article is crap and ranks up there with San Francisco Comical. :rolleyes:

10. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Signing Tomlinson to the largest contract for a R.B. in history sure looks like he's interested in winning, call me crazy...or Gates, Merriman, Castillo, etc etc....F this guy and his biased baseless verbal assault on Spanos. The Chargers WILL stay in S.D. and Spanos WILL be "haloed" shortly, you heard it here first. The Chargers are going no where, I'm calling it, and Spanos wants it that way!!!!:icon_banana: :tup: :icon_banana: