1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sidney rice?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Feb 11, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    With the situation that occired with vj and the chargers fo recently it is a wonder whether hed come back for any price. Plus. Hes a loose cannon waiting to get another dui or somethubg stupid.

So how evryone feel about going after other good fa's to replace him? Now TO , santonio, and moss are all good but all locker room cancers or have off the field issues. What about sidney rice though? Seems like a good character guy with good skills. What do u guys think?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'd actually be a little curious about Santonio Holmes, didn't seem to have any problems this year so he's worth considering

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Yes, let get him before anyone realizes that he is available. He will be a valuable asset to the offense, and it will only cost a few million to pick him up and put him on the roster. Plus, I heard that he no longer considers himself a locker room cancer.

Pointy

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The thought of Sidney Rice gives him a migraine.

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Eh? A few million? How do you figure that? The guy's going to likely come in commanding Roddy White money minimum. He's proven about as much as White had when White got his extension too (I'd argue that White didn't really blow up until this year... after he got his extension).

Also, unless they both change the years of service requirements for UFA eligibility AND make it retroactive to this offseason's free agents, Rice would be a restricted free agent. Now why in the world wouldn't Minnesota at least put a 1st round tender on him (since that's what they spent on him in the first place), and more likely a 1st and 3rd round tender? So really instead of a few million we're talking $9-10m per year plus forking over a 1st and a 3rd "to pick him up."

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Damn that sucks. Maybe we can get Terrel "recal cancer" owens instead. He's still good and would be real cheap and when norv ****** up he'd call him out publicly!

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I love Rice and was campaigning for him before the draft, and have always been a big fan, but if we are spending that kind of money on a WR, it should be VJ. hes bigger, faster and MOST importantly already has great chemistry with Rivers

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    that's pointy's autotext reponse to every FA the posters want to bring in

9. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Its fun to dream, but who is the last big name free agent we seriously pursued? I'm thinking it was David Boston.

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Thanks MOP, I didn't have the heart to tell him.

Pointy

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    and it's always good for a :lol:

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd rather them re-sign Jackoffson and add a stipulation that he must hire a personal driver, just like Miss Daisey had.

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    They could also do what Miami did with Marshall and add a stipulation that says he doesn't get his guaranteed bonus unless he stays out of trouble for the 1st 2 years. Then again, it would take VJ agreeing to that, and he really has no reason to do so

14. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Evidently my sarcasm detector was malfunctioning. I'll have to have a word with customer service. Do they have a Geek Squad for sarcasm detectors?

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Yeah, just buy one from Leo...