1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sign VJ to Big Deal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LakeShow, Nov 19, 2011.

1. LakeShow

LakeShow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Knowing that VJ is a free agent after this year, should the Chargers pay him the money, or let him walk.

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    He better start proving that he's worth a deal at all before we resign him. I'm all for pulling an Andy Reid and benching his *** this week after the crap he pulled last week.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Our issues lately show exactly why WRs are the least important position in the offense. The O-line gets dominated, running backs can't find lanes, the QB has no time and inevitably VJ's numbers turn to ****.

VJ is still the same player, just watch him leave and become a superstar for someone else next year. Losing him for nothing other than a comp pick in 2013 would be a huge mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Too early to tell IMO. He's had his ups and downs on the field, but seems to have stayed out of trouble so far off the field, which was Chargers' management problem with him in the first place.

I think they are interested in re-signing him, however i think they aren't overly enamoured with the notion of paying him elite money just yet, as there is something still to be proved about whether he truly is an elite WR or not.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm really questioning whether he deserves a massive contract especially given the way he's disappeared for long stretches of games and the Raider game jump ball combined with his attitude makes me really question if he should be a long term member of the bolts

• Like Like x 1
  6. LakeShow

LakeShow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    My worry of not resigning him is that he will develop into a star elsewhere, but i would say dont resign him if he wants a mega deal, i would rather get two solid wide recievers in FA in return for one with great skill but a bad attitude

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Tag and trade.