1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Signature Authenticity Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LaDeezie21, Oct 25, 2006.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,829
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    thanks concudan!

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    In today’s memorabilia market, if it does not come with some form of a Certificate of Authentication. I would consider it a fake.

Unless the seller does this a lot, and have had many of their buyers give positive feed back. Any form of negative feedback, should be investigated first.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    For my more skeptical mind, I'd want both a Certificate of Authenticity and a little video of the dude signing it, with the "seller" next to him smiling as it's being done.

Not a photo, but video. Videos are harder to fake than a single photo.

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Same here.

I also want the person who is obtaining the signature of the Sports Star or Celebrity to also sign the COA. Put a 2 taper proof hologram stickers with identical serial numbers on both the item and the COA.

I would then purchase the item then and only then with what both Sluggo and myself advised.

COA= Certificate Of Authenticity.

7. BigJim

BigJim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203
    I had John Romada Sr. sign a bunch of silver age Amazing Spiderman comics once and got no COA or anything. I did gt a picture of myself with him. I later sold the comics to a comics shop. If there is a question abut the authenticity of the signature, the value of the comics would have gone down, but I had a good story of how I got Romada to sign the comics. And the guy that bought them believed me, but I agree a COA from a reputable company is the only way to know for sure unless you witness him signing the object. I'm even suspicious sometimes about fake COAs.

• Like Like x 3