1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Signature Authenticity Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LaDeezie21, Oct 25, 2006.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,336
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    thanks concudan!

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,336
    In today’s memorabilia market, if it does not come with some form of a Certificate of Authentication. I would consider it a fake.

Unless the seller does this a lot, and have had many of their buyers give positive feed back. Any form of negative feedback, should be investigated first.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    For my more skeptical mind, I'd want both a Certificate of Authenticity and a little video of the dude signing it, with the "seller" next to him smiling as it's being done.

Not a photo, but video. Videos are harder to fake than a single photo.

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Same here.

I also want the person who is obtaining the signature of the Sports Star or Celebrity to also sign the COA. Put a 2 taper proof hologram stickers with identical serial numbers on both the item and the COA.

I would then purchase the item then and only then with what both Sluggo and myself advised.

COA= Certificate Of Authenticity.

7. BigJim

BigJim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203
    I had John Romada Sr. sign a bunch of silver age Amazing Spiderman comics once and got no COA or anything. I did gt a picture of myself with him. I later sold the comics to a comics shop. If there is a question abut the authenticity of the signature, the value of the comics would have gone down, but I had a good story of how I got Romada to sign the comics. And the guy that bought them believed me, but I agree a COA from a reputable company is the only way to know for sure unless you witness him signing the object. I'm even suspicious sometimes about fake COAs.

• Like Like x 3