1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Single playoff tickets just went on sale.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I was on ticketmaster and tried to get a ticket within a second of them go for sale. Within on second, but I wasn't fast enough. No tickets available. Something feels really fishy about the way this went down. They advertised that the tickets would be for sale, but there was zero chance to get one. :tdown:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ok, now 'm pissed. I actually scored and got one ticket, but they give you one minute to buy the ticket. They said my email address already had a ticketmaster account, so I had to reset the password. I reset it, no problem, but then it told me it was over a minute and the ticket I got was released. :icon_evil:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was on it as well and it told me no tickets were available. This is such bullshiit....something is rotten in Denmark here, :icon_evil:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Fug it, I give up. Anyone get a ticket?

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I actually scored on Plaza level ticket, but it wouldn't take my cc number because it said there was a different cc number connected to my email address and I had to reset my password. I did this, but the ticket was released because it took to long. They give you 1 minute to get your info in to buy and when they forced me to reset my password I knew I was fugged.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    The Padres do this also, I just wonder why they were not offered to the public, and not season ticket holders.

Those same seats should be available come championship game, huh

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ok, I really give up. You're absolutely right Tony. Something is rotten in Denmark, and also at ticketmaster.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I know this is true, I just don't like it so much.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    They should be available the Monday after we beat the Pats.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    Yeah, I had the same issues trying to get a ticket to opening day in 2004...and I was a 20 game season ticket holder trying to get them before the "general public" was supposed to be able to get them.

I ended up buying an extra park pass from DarkElf (who I haven't seen post since 2004)

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,298
    You can always try StubHub.

It'll be more expensive, but you'll generally find something.

That's where I got mine. (Within a matter of minutes prior to boltssbbound posting his thread about his extra face-value ticket. :mad: )

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    That whole playoff ticket fiasco sucked, they told you that they would open up the sales @ 9:00 AM. At 9:00.and 20 seconds, I could not get into the website, couldnt do it for an hour, and within that hour all the tickets were gone.

I have COX cable for my internet, so it worked at DSL speed to.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,298
    I was out to sea for both PetCo playoff series, but i'm not suprised to hear that it was the same fiasco as the opening game at PetCo was.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    Ticketmonster BLOWS. Their online ticketing system can't handle the massive requests. Then if you should get connected, your account had better be perfect or you'll lose your ticket as Thumper found out.

Not much else we can do as Ticketmonster probably has one of the few monopolies left. They know it so they do absolutely nothing to help a customer.

15. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I know people hate brokers, but at the end of the day, you call up or go to the website and you're done. Very few people ever have anything positive to say about trying to do this through Ticketmaster.

I think maybe ebay is a close second to going through a broker, but even then you never know who you're truly dealing with. Fuggit all!

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Supply and demand, we have them, and you are demanding them. Why should I change just to make your tickets available. If you dont want them, there are 750 people trying to get online that do.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Then again to end the misery, season ticket holders get first priority.

Good seats are going quick

18. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    2nd post of this nature, seems tickets werent readily available till after 1230

19. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That's just typical Ticketmaster bullshit.

When ftwbolt and I were trying to buy tickets for the Bolts at Texans a few years ago, the same thing happened to me. And then I couldn't get my credit card number typed in fast enough. So I tried again, and got the "extra account" message ... so I tried a 3rd, and 4th time. Ran out of time again both those times. Finally on the fifth or sixth time it worked.

But, if you're trying to get some limited tickets, it's a freaking biitch.

Just keep trying, especially on Thurs and Friday of this week. In 2004, some more tickets were released up until a day before the playoff game. Good ones too. They are "throwbacks" that the team has committed to the NFL, NFLPA, and other sources. In 2004, some guys scored 40-50 yard line Plaza tickets on Ticketmaster the day before the Jets playoff game.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Mother fuggers...so that is how it is done.

SOB's

They beat me to the punch.....:icon_evil: :icon_twisted:

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Thats how I got my tickets for the Jets game, they were "throwbacks"

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What priority is that?

These assshole did not allow me to buy extra playoff tickets and that has always been the policy.

23. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Exactly. I couldn't remember which posters it was.

For anyone that wants tickets, just keep trying all week, especially late in the week.

24. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Don't listen to leisure's conspiracy bullshit.

It's more about lousy customer service at Ticketmaster, and an archaic computer system.

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Man I hate entering their little code that you have to enter each time you try. I have good eyesite, but I'm a little color blind. I don't know if that's the problem but it takes me entering about ten codes before I get one right.

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

They buy season tickets in bulk.

They get little old ladies to sell them their season tickets too. The brokers call my G'ma all the time trying to get her tickets (same with my Aunt/Uncle and their 4 season tix), but I fixed her up with a good Chargers fan to buy them the last few years. She didn't sell the playoff tickets though. She's going this weekend.

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm not color blind, and those things get me about one out of every 3 or 4 tries. Sometimes the swiggle lines look like a number/letter, but really are just "noise" ....