1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SI's Dr. Z..Officially A Fool!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/09/10/week.2/index.html?eref=T1

...Did you catch this moronic power ranking from Dr. Z? San Diego drops from 2nd to 15th by losing to Carolina at the gun. Okay, they also lost Lights Out but WTF?? He actually sounds like he's apologizing for even having them this high!

The Patriot love affair reaches new highs (or is that lows?) Replaces the Bolts at 2nd after losing Brady and nipping a woeful Chiefs team who were actually driving to tie the game.

I won't disect the rest of it but I have officially now labeled him Dr. Strange :icon_shrug::icon_huh::icon_shrug:

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    He is apologizing! He put us in the top half with an 0-1 record and there are two teams that won on Sunday below us. Therefore, he thinks we're the best team that lost on Sunday and that's not too bad. He looks at record and says, "ok they're 0-1 but I think they're better than the rest of 0-1 and even better than Arizona & Atlanta."
    Personally, I hate the whole chart. Pittsburgh should be second or first and what about the Saints, Panthers, Bears, or Bills? We won't be able to accurately judge them until the second week. Carolina admitted they feel so unprepared for the Bears because they were working since the first day of camp to prepare for the Bolts. I'm going to watch that game because really, who wants to watch the Eli pound the Rams?

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    It looks to me that he tried to place all the 1-0 teams in the top half and the 0-1 teams in the bottom half (but couldn't place SD and Indy below Atl, et.) not a very creative (or good) poll, but so be it

4. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    We can only go up from here! :yes:

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's a power ranking. There are variables factored in such as who you played, your team's personnel, etc. What if the Rams beat KC and the Raiders beat SF for example. Would that place them over say the Eagles if they lost to Dallas in overtime? I expect a lot more from a sports writer with decades of experience. That thing looks more like it was written by a troll. :tdown:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Three words for you all
    EMBRACE THE HATE

Two words for Dr. Z
    SUCK IT

7. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    It's like college polls, they rank them every week and they are flawed in most cases.

If we're going to rank ANYTHING, the best formula is to let a month of the season play out to get a better idea.

Rankings are a very fluid situation.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

And you listen to this why?

9. HighBoltage

HighBoltage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    <sigh> Lazy pundits looking for attention. This same guy will be all over the Chargers bandwagon when we mop up with Cutler and gang this Sunday.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    What ****in tard.

Maybe he thinks he's being clever.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I know some of you are big on rankings and polls, but the good thing is this is the NFL not college, rankings mean nothing. If they did the Chargers would never win ****