1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SI's Dr. Z Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bucnasty, Sep 28, 2006.

1. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    San Diego at #7:

San Diego Chargers (2-0)
    The only team to hold its position after a bye (except for the Raiders, who don't count). That's because I like the Chargers, and not only that, I foresee a victory for them in Baltimore on Sunday. "Oh, God, no!" scream the San Diego fans. Fear not. I'm due for a hot week.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/09/27/power.ranks1/index.html

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't like all this talk about the Chargers going over the Ravens. This is the kind of stuff that will just piss them off. Then they'll get "inspired." Then it will be tougher to crush them or they'll lay a cheap hit on one of our boys. Because they're dirty like that:icon_evil:

3. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Don't worry...Ravens LB Bart Scott just called LT a "Poorman's Barry Sanders"...:lol: that oughta pizzoff LT...:lol:

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Excellent. That should even things out. ty:yes:

5. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Whatever. These teams arent gonna need any extra fuel to get them fired up. Its more for the fans.

6. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    This weeks power rankings:

Chargers slip a spot to #8

Memories of Martyball. Get a small lead, try to make it stand up for a whole game by running the ball forever, and all you do is give the other team new life. "Take heart, boys! They're out of ammunition. They're throwing rocks." It disgusts the players, the fans and the guys who picked you to beat the Ravens in their handicapping column. "Two losing weeks in a row!" says that nasty e-mailer who has returned. "I mean you take five old ladies with hatpins and they'll at least hit the guessing average of .500." Right. Thank you. Nice to see you again. Memo to defensive coordinator Wade Phillips: When the other team is on your 10-yard line, it doesn't make sense to go into a three-man rush and play coverages downfield, because there is no downfield. It's a compressed area. All you're doing is nullifying your two most serious threats, your outside rushers, Merriman and Shaun Phillips. It's the defensive counterpart to Martyball.