1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Six Teams get A’s for Summer School (Chargers: A Minus)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Aug 8, 2008.

1. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Naturally, the cowboys pick up that piece of trash jones and they get an A+...

2. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    By all accounts the Broncos are an offseason disaster.

Agreed

What?

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I've never bought in to the idea a lot of Chargers fans have that the media hates us or treats us unfairly.

I do, however, think there are a few franchises that are the media-darlings and always seem to get the benefit of the doubt in a big way. Dallas gets an A+? Come on now.

Dallas is the "Bret Favre" of football franchises.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I agree.:tdown:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

nice analogy:yes:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What's the surprise? Aren't Raiders suppose to be competitive every season?

When Norv was their coach (At the time, Norv had no respect through out the entire league but he earned some now. So shut up you sensitive pansies!!!), They were still suppose to be competitive.

Art Shell was suppose the bring the winning ways back after a 10 year absence from NFL.

Though I think Lane is a good coach but hey... he's in the Raiders system and is about to be fired!!!

Shouldn't come as a surprise at all!!! :lol:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Well said. I agree.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You know. A friend of mine brought up a point about this (he's a Steelers fan on the East coast.)

If LT was a Cowboy or Giant, he'd be bigger than all the Mannings put together... but since he's so great, the NFL can't ignore him.

That "Embrace the Hate" thing is true to a certain point...
    If the Chargers face the Ponies in the playoffs, who will they favor?
    If the Chargers face the Patsies in the AFC Championship. who will they favor?
    If the Chargers face the Cowgirls in the Super Bowl, who will they favor?

With that said... you are right! We need to win two Super Bowls and make them respect us!!!
    Look how much respect the Donkos and Retards have because of Super Bowl victories... no matter how much they suck today!!!

I LOVE IT WHEN THEY HATE ME!!!
    AND WHEN WE WIN, I'M GOING TO RUB IT IN!!!!
    :bolt: :yes:

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    There is my:bolt: :bolt: :bolt: embracing the hate. :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

My opinion as well.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The freakin' sports media, for the large part, has turned into paparazzi. They're looking for the sizzle & forgetting about the steak. Very few make quality reports - they're too concerned about Favre, PacMan, Jessica Simpson, Ocho Stinko, etc.

**** 'em. Embrace the hate. :icon_twisted:

Go Chargers!!! :abq2: :bolt: :abq1:

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    We weren't underdogs against the Pats in '06 when we played them. Everyone, including the media, thought we should be able to sweep the Pats aside as long as we didn't... well... play the way we ended up playing.

You're right about the respect-factor, though. The media remembers past success. How do you think a piss-ant little nothing town like Green Bay has such a vast following? The teams that have the Superbowl history get the props. They also build the big bandwagons because people lock-in their loyalties for a champion.

Give the Chargers one ring and everything will change in a big way. Give us a dynasty and the Chargers will rival the big-boys in terms both of media-hype and bandwagon-size.

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Embrace the Hate

Are we doing Yellow T-Shirts?

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hey, guys, please keep me in the loop for this. I'd really like one this year - I'll even wear it on 11/9 when I come out!!! :tup:

14. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    The Cowboys an A+...? Obviously Jerry Jones is paying this guy off to write that. It will be sweet when they are licking our boots after we stomp them today...

Waiting for that 7:06 start time.

15. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    yeah..that's why teams like the Lions don't get any love... that and they suck.

:abq2:Go Super Chargers... this is the year! :abq1:

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

Uhh, Javon Walker is playing so bad he wanted to retire the other day!!!

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    ]B-
    Ignoring the trenches, the Raiders opted for voltage, drafting Arkansas RB Darren McFadden. It'll be considered a wise move if he takes heat off QB JaMarcus Russell, but it could leave the Raiders open to second-guessing if Russell's constantly on his back or trying to bail out a defense that can't stop the run. CB DeAngelo Hall will team with Nnamdi Asomugha to form a near airtight air defense. WR Javon Walker is a wild card.
    [
    /SIZE]

Javon Walker is a wild hair. I can't figure anything higher than a C or a C- for a team that failed to address their needs on the line. A QB needs time to throw and a RB needs gaps and space to run. A defense needs to control the line of scrimmage and the Rayduhs fail on all counts. They haven't anything to shore themselves up for the inevitable injuries. Something will be rotten in Denmark if we don't sweep our division.

Russell is excited to finally get a full year in the NFL under his belt and will do everything in his power to stay healthy. If that means throwing five passes and coming out of preseason games, so be it. If that is the case, consider Russell a No. 2 Fantasy option and hope he can play up to the hype of being a No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Fantasy leagues don't think much of him either.