1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Slimmest of Margins

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ikeman83, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'm posting this before all the games are played, but assuming San Diego and Houston both win, this will be the playoff picture after week 5.

Houston (5-0, 2.5 game lead on division
    Baltimore (4-1, 1 game lead on division)
    San Diego (3-2, 1 game lead on division)
    New England (3-2, 0.5 game lead on division)

Cincinatti (3-2)
    Pitt (2-2)

I titled the thread slimmest of margins because in the pessimism thread I posted on how significant a single loss can be. So far (assuming a Texans win), 1 teams will have already separated themselves from their division opponents by 2 wins through 5 weeks. As we all know, having done this last year as well, it takes an epicly bad losing streak to let your opponents back into the race after getting that kind of a lead in the standings. Interestingly enough, although RGIII has been getting the highlights with his play, at this point, I think that Andrew Luck is in a better position to make the playoffs. Indy only plays 3 more likely playoff teams for the entire remainder of their season, and with how poorly the AFC has been playing against the NFC, I would be less than surprised to see an 8-8 WC team from the AFC this year.

I'll keep updating this throughout the season, but that loss to the Saints hurt.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671
    I'd want to see how we would do against the Broncos but we beat them convincingly then the AFC West is pretty much the Chargers' for the taking

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    31-21 with 6:43 left in foxborough...

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Pats cough it up, donks have it.
    Premise of this tread still alive though, by the slimmest of margins :D

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I had intended to post it after the game but I got that Hefeweizen in me and got all excited.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Never count out Belichick going for it on 4th and 5 for no apparent reason...

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    La Cerveza Mas Fina! Ok my Spanish is limited to this. ;)

Anyway this season doesn't seem to have a front runner so far. I like ATL... so far. I am not sold on the Texans yet so the AFC is anyone's to take.

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    The finest beer is hardly a Corona, although there's hardly another beer I'd rather have in my hand while sitting on a warm beach.