1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Smacksaw Said we are Packaging Picks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Feb 26, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Listening to 1360 AM with Smacksaw and he keeps mentioning we are possibly packaging some guys to move up in the draft. They're at a commericial right now but he's going to elaborate on this "rumor". I know Smacksaw makes stuff up all the time since I've listened to him for years. Not sure how much validity this has. His "inside" source could have been the Security guard at the Fortress for all we know! Listening.....

2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    if there is someone that AJ really wants im sure he would do it, wouldnt be moving into the top 10 thats for sure but we have so little roster spots these days that i could see us maybe doing that

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    If he is doing that, I wonder who it could be? I think maybe it's just Smacksaw spewing out stuff but you never know.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Hacksaw stole my sources :lol:

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    has smackshaw ever been right. Though I've thought of that too. To move up to possibly get a very good talent. The thing is now were stacked with players. The best thing for the team now is to upgrade if possible . And that might be moving up. Just depends on the player.

I sure wish someone would bite on any morsel we'd have dangling out there. But I kind of doubt it will happen considering a team can pick up our player when they are let loose.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

The Voice of the Chargers is NEVER WRONG, once he's spoken things change drastically so as not to give him credit for his high speed sports wire, its the Spanos boys from Brazil that need to fall to their knees and beg him to come back.

"Everyone into the pattern......"

"Damn It! Shawn Lee!"

"Touchhhh Dowwwwnnnn Saaaannnnn Diiiieeeggooooooooo"

"Raiturds, Good Night Now!"

I miss the Saw on the radio doing Chargers play by play!

Stan :rivers17:

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Yeah, it was great to hear .. Humphries back to pass. He throws to a wide open receiver ..................................... um ............. er ........................... #81 ...................... Tony Martin ..

Yeah, I really miss that.

8. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Back in the early 90's I actually built a web shrine for the saw [shortlived as it was, get it ;{ ] and had my Smacksaw links pointed to all his famous soundbites. Ahh...those were some heady days!

Stan :rivers17:

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Nobody is consumating a draft day trade in February.

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I fixed it for you, Ant. :icon_tease:

:icon_rofl:

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    It's possible AJ might package players for picks, we know they're trying to trade Neal, it's possible another player could be packaged for a pick in one of the rounds we don't have one in.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Shane Olivea I imagine, maybe Mike Goff, maybe Eric Parker, maybe even Tim Dobbins

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Not a single one of these players have any trade value. Including Neal.

14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I disagree to an extent I think Loneal's career speaks for itself and someone who is looking to bolster a running game could look at Neal for a year or two to do that! I also think that Dobbins is going to get looked at by more teams than most think, however neither would really garner but maybe both for a 4th and a 6th rounder would be alright picks but picks none the less!

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    No one said we'll get a 2nd or 3rd, maybe a 4th at best.

16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Why would people give up picks for an ancient FB (most teams don't even use a FB) and a bunch of our scrubs?

I love the packaging of picks theory. I bet if we offer our 5th, 6th, and 7th we could move up at list one slot in the first round. :lol:

Maybe we could offer our first round pick next year for someone's second round pick this year. Lord knows that has worked out well for us in the past.

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    :icon_rofl:

Regarding the "rumor": We don't even know what our compensatory picks are yet. AJ don't work this way.

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    bottom line is it got some pub for slackshaw

he's got wood knowing this thread made it two pages!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

19. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    hacksaw always hears rumors, usually because they are started by him.

20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

Oh yeah, well... but imagine how much they'd be worth all together! Because 0 x 4 = .... umm... nevermind.