1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Smith bullish on Bolts' season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Article Link

By: MIKE SULLIVAN - Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- A.J. Smith doesn't often display his exuberant side. The Chargers' general manager is a straight shooter with a sometimes gruff exterior, and he makes no apologies for it.

So when Smith proclaims he's excited about something, you know he's not kidding. And when he states that he's looking forward to the 2007 season more than any other during his tenure with the team, it's an ear-rattling comment.

"I'm looking forward to this season more than any season since I've been here," Smith said recently. "I just can't wait to get it going. I can't wait to play that first game against Chicago. We want to get this thing going and win enough games to be in the postseason."

The Chargers begin rookie practices today -- the first full-squad workout is on Saturday -- and Smith hopes it's the start of a special season. The Chargers are viewed as one of the top teams in the NFL, and any result that doesn't include at least one playoff victory would rate as a huge disappointment.

Perhaps the vision of a January playoff run is what's stoking Smith's optimism.

"I'm excited because we are a good football team," Smith said. "I think we're a good football team and I think we're a playoff team. That's why I'm excited.

"Many years ago, we had a lot of work to do. We weren't very good and we didn't have any players."

Things have certainly changed on Smith's watch. The laughingstock franchise that lost 15 games in 2000 -- the season before Smith arrived as assistant GM -- piled up 14 wins last season in Smith's fourth year as general manager.

Click the link for the full article

2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    "Bullish" .......

The Shamrock cow mojo is working ......

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    He's been peein onna flat rock lately :icon_eek: :tdown:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Thats where Coors comes from, don't it?.:bolt: :icon_shrug:

5. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Damn I really hope this is THE season we get it done. We've all been waiting so long we deserve at least one. Imagine how awesome that day will actually be when the clock runs out at the Superbowl and we have won. WOW! That will be some feeling!