1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Smith's ego getting in the way of Chargers' path to the Super Bowl"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 31, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That's fine. Unlike you, I want this team to do the best they can to win the SB and taking some bull **** stance about these guys is putting that at risk.

I guess you think AJ proving a point is more important than putting the best players on the field

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I always thought it was Trumpie coming in on the sly.

3. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I think AJ is just doing what his boss has instructed him to do. You on the other hand have no idea on what I want.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That's funny, because when people blame Dena for it, they get flack for that also.

Up until Gates got him contract, I did blame Dean. Now I believe it is nothing more than AJ flexing his muscle and showing he is boss rather than doing what is best for the team

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I highly doubt AJ has the authority to spend 60 mil of Spanos money without permission.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Some people around here seem to have no problem whatsoever with spending the owner's money like it was going out of style.

:lol:

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    :yes:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    B4L is a nightmare.

Beyond mere mortals. :yes:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    A.J. is about to pass SID Gillman in the record books.

You need to be the mother effer in charge of these player egos.

Some of you do not freaking get it.

I suspect those who mostly hate A.J. have problems with managers who have the balls to tell you to your face that you are not worth a fukc and to kiss the company's tip.

There are reasons and results.

The dude is almost giving us what we want. :bolt:

and

remember

that

AJ's piss cures cancer !!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    What? This statement is idiotic.

So, Trotter and other mangeniuses want something more like, "When we say something, we mean it, except sometimes."

I don't understand what is so farking hard to get here. There's almost a decade of history to go off here, that when AJ says what he says, he means it. He's not "proving" that now - he's farking PROVEN it. Hell, Trotter relates some of those times in his own stupid article. The only exceptions have been those times when Dean has intervened (read: spend more of his own money of his own volition). If Deano hasn't intervened yet, you better damn well be sure that he's got his GM's back, and if that GM, being AJ Smith, tells you the water's boiling, you better not stick your schlong in it.

It seems that it's going to take a few more scalded schlongs before players and agents realize - GASP! - that AJ's a freaking straight shooter. I'm with AJ here - the team is who we've got on the field. If you don't want to be here, then we move on without you. Simple. It's not freaking rocket surgery.

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I still don't believe B4L was real, if it wasn't you then damn, I gave you credit for a great act.

12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    [​IMG]

/hot like AJ piss sales

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    B4L is real.

I have met him and his momma (embarassing moment time when I met her) anyway, dude hates Norv Turner. He saw Turner's striking mug first hand while living in Baltimore and Turner was with the Skins.

I do not use multi's or whatever secondary log on names are called. Neva' eva'. I think they are weak but that is my opinion. I'd rather a mo-fo know it was me versus hiding behind some multi.

B4L is a legend :yes:

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Yep. AJ thinks he owns this team and wants them to lose EVERY game. It's...it's...it's a....

[​IMG]

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Alcohol has a tendency to make people stupid, been there done that. "A legend" really??? I must have missed something then. I really thought the redundancy was an act, I find it hard to believe a person, not a double or bot, would just type the same crap over and over.

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    B4L was/is real. His season seat is one section over from mine. Dude is hard to miss. Whenever the Chargers lost, he was the first to run out of his seat and scream his fool head off at the players/coaches. He also would tell everyone "that's Norv" after a loss.

Only place he can post at is the UT and over there he's gone full racist.

17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Damn, I stand corrected. I still have a hard time believing anyone can be that dense without it being an act. I guess it does take all kinds.

18. Camilo

Camilo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    :no:i'm getting in here a little late and i'm sure most of you don't know me anyway. First off, I read the article and agreed with it pretty much 100% without knowing who wrote it. Denver, I got your back dude. Seriously though, do the Chargers go out and spend free agent money on other guys? NO! Ok then, we understand thats not our thing. we are suppose to lock up our YOUNG TALENT! whats the deal. Next's years labor agreement? Thats obviously B.S. What, off field ****? Put that bs in the contract. Problem solved. Spinal ****? What, does he have to die on the field to get his big money? He's missed one game so far in his career (not positive but I believe thats true) What no one is saying is that NFL contracts are a total BS. Teams cut guys every day who are UNDER CONTRACT. Whats up with that? These guys are KILLING each other and deserve to get paid what ever they can get. VJ and MM have been Pro Bowlers with 2nd round rookie contracts! This whole scenario is F...ing BS. We don't go after other teams talent but we are going to let ours go? For what, more building? And the worst part is, just like this kid who hasn't signed yet, THE CHARGERS are probably going to work something out with (I hope all 3 VJ,MM,SM. not the kid. we know he'll sign soon but it's so stupid that every year these signings are left for the absolute end. the draft was in APRIL!) down the road and then we will all be asking ourselves, "What the hell was all for?" Just like Gatesey in '05. We all know how we felt about that after inexcusably losing that game to open a season. Again, I got started and kept going. I've said it before, I'm sick of being close. I want to know how it feels to be a FAN of a team that wins it all. We have studs that might miss 10 games. How does that make any sense?

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    His BT visa has been permanently revoked. He will not be around here.

Yes, he is real and I have met him at the BT tailgates in the past years.

20. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Really,Kwak? Is he banned?

That sucks!
    As much as I love to "fight" with him.......I still consider him a personal friend. :yes:

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    "Legend" has a new definition?

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't hate AJ, don't want him replaced, and think he is one of the best GM's in the league. That doesn't mean he doesn't have issues and that he does all the right things, none of us do. It also doesn't mean he should get an automatic pass when he screws up

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Well, he hasn't "screwed up" anything this season.

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He did screw up by playing hard ball with McNeil rather than working with him to get him in camp. That doesn't mean he has to give MM what ever he wants, just be willing to work with him on something rather than playing hardball

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Bullshit. McNeil knew this would happen. You said yourself AJ wasn't hiding anything. Why do you think Sproles & Floyd signed? Because they knew AJ says what he's going to do and then he does it.

26. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    MM did not sign his Tender that yes AJ started the negotiations. That is where the talking began and it was MM and his agent who did not want to talk about it. As my opinion is IF I were the GM and I am definitely not, I would be the same way as AJ and not negotiate after in my good will of placing something on the table first and MM and his agent said no to it.

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Sproles was tendered an amount that was WELL above what market value is, and Floyd knew he had no choice. He didn't have the body of work to hold out like the other guys do.

Aj didn't have to play hardball, he chose to. AJ was the only one who lowered the tenders on his players.

AJ has used the CBA uncertainty as an excuse, and team after team have proven that it is a completely bullshit excuse, and he did it himself by resigning Gates.

The guys wanted new contracts and AJ felt like if he gave them one without them doing it his way, they would have gotten the best of him. He made it an ego thing rather than just doing what was best for the team and working on a deal. The Pats didn't play hardball with Mankins, who still hasn't signed. They show him that they want him and don't set bull **** arbitrary deadlines to flex their muscles.

28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    When AJ tell MM that whether he signs the deal or not, the team is NOT working on long term deal, then how can you expect him to view that as negotiations? If the Chargers would have told him, if you sign we will work on a deal with you, just like the Donkeys did with Dumervill, he very well may have signed. But the Chargers told him they were not working on any deals. AJ had to prove that he was in charge, and put the teams success at risk by alienating their best linemen and the guy who protects Rivers blind side

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    By the way, I stand corrected (see I can admit when I am wrong) the Pats did drop Mankins tender, but since then, they have also offered him a multi year contract offer fro $7mil per year, which he turned down.

30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I will completely disagree with you is all.