1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking hot Colts likely headed West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Dec 19, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest?tag=bills-broncos

While we wait to see who will represent the AFC West in the playoffs, it looks like the Indianapolis Colts will be headed out West in the wild card round on the weekend of Jan. 3-4.

The Colts secured the No. 5 spot in the AFC playoffs with a win at Jacksonville on Thursday night. It appears likely the winner of the AFC West will be the No. 4 seed. If San Diego wins the West, it will definitely be the No. 4 seed. Thus, if the Chargers get past Denver, they will host Indianapolis.

If Denver wins the division, there is still a chance it could be the No. 3 seed but it seems unlikely.

Denver, 8-6, can clinch the AFC West title with either a win or a tie in its final two games or with a loss or a tie by San Diego, 6-8, in its final two games. San Diego plays at Tampa Bay on Sunday and Denver hosts Buffalo. If the Chargers win and the Broncos lose it would setup a winner-takes-all regular season finale in San Diego on Dec. 28.

Then, it appears, the Colts, who have won eight straight games, wait for the winner. Both Denver and San Diego have a recent playoff history against Indianapolis.

Denver was blow out in Indianapolis in the wild card round after both the 2003 and 2004 seasons. San Diego won at Indianapolis last season in the divisional round. The Colts and Chargers have played in the regular season in San Diego both this season and last season. The Chargers secured the win late in the game last season and the Colts won as time expired in San Diego last month.

2. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    If by some miracle, the bolts get the 4th seed, and face the Colts, it'd be nice to see them bust up any chance of a Manning vs Manning Superbowl!!!! :abq2:

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    That would piss off Kommissioner Goodell and his refs. Good.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

They would bring Ed Hochuli in to guarantee the Colts win. :icon_rofl:

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I'm telling ya, the behind the scenes wish is a Manning SB. Watch the games closely over the last 2 weeks and playoffs.

The Colts want no part of SD in the Playoffs.

I really liked the phantom hold on Jax when they were starting to drive on what could have been a 21-7 lead. Even the announcers were scratching their heads on that one.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The odds are against us on this one fellow Bolt's fan's, but I still refuse to give up on hope. It is Christmas time and I do believe in miracles. :bolt::tup::abq2: