1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So any chance we are pissed at Cam

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Aug 29, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    for cutting Culpepper?

Not that we shouldn't still sweep them, but they seem to be turning it around somewhat. No doubt they pass the chefs to get out of the cellar.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nope. Culpepper is good for some INTs.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nahhhh... that's like being pissed at a baby for dropping his bottle.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its called research. Try it, then tell me the number of Ints he threw when he was a Viking.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I doubt it. Culpepper is a throw it up and let the receiver catch it type QB. He does not have an offensive line in chokeland to give him the time to do that.

Ints.

6. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    The raiders with him at QB played the Rams better than we did. The raider D pretty much shut down the Ram starters that were walking all over us.
    With Culpepper, Knapp and Kiffen they pretty much look like a legitimate NFL offense.

I know LT has their number though so no worries. Let's hope Norv hates them as much as Marty did. Marty loved beating that ***.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Jesus Christo, grow a set will ya?

Peyton Manning would get his *** kicked behind that line. Until we take the kid gloves of preseason off, making comparisons on common opponents is just uninformed.

C'Pep is going to lose his will to play behind that OL.

8. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    What about that post says I don't have a set? lol I said "no worries" for example. I still should sweep them with our talent. LT has their number, etc. I'm not saying they should challenge US. I'm saying they will be improved.

I really think some people underrate their talent based on how horrible the QB, HC and OC were last year. We'll see who's right in the end. Just to repeat so you don't question my "set" I'm not saying they should be beating us nor am I worried about that happening. Heads should roll if we lose to the raiders. I dont see Rivers, LT, Merriman, etc. allowing that to happen.

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Daunte Culpepper = Aaron Brooks and Kerry Collins redux. The Raiders remind me of us throughout the mid-to-late eighties and the mid-to-late nineties... always brining in someone else's castoff QB with a name (Jim McMahon, Jim Harbaugh, Jim Everett, we loved those Jims, lol) and we'd look way better in pre-season--often with a very solid-looking defense--and find a way to finish 5-11 or 6-10 in the regular season.

The Raiders looked great in pre-season last year. Once the regular season starts defenses will once again expose all the weaknesses in that o-line.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Then what was the point of the thread?

Not hard to be "improved" from 2-14. I expect them to double that total.

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I'll tell ya one guy who's improved - Jerry Porter... the guy looks like his former self... but now that he's "the man", he's got nothing to ***** about... and he's got a QB that actually throws him the ball...

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I’ve always said that the Raiders aren’t that far away from respectability. Their defense played us better than anyone, all they need is a middle of the pack offense to challenge for a wildcard THIS YEAR.

That said, I don’t see Culpepper thriving in that type of offense, especially behind that crappy o-line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

The point of the thread is pointing out how its kinda ironic that Cam's cut in Miami might have helped our rival improve quicker than expected.

I could see them winning 6 pretty easily. No doubt they pass kc get out of the AFC West basement.

TK, I think that OL will surprise you this year. Its tough to be a good OL with a prehistoric offensive gameplan and no threat at QB.

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    why culpepper is a int and fumble machine

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Am I out of my fuggin' mind... just what the hell is going on here!!!????

Someone please tell me that we're not worrying about the Raiders based on their PRE-SEASON performance!!!

:icon_wtf:

17. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    LittleTrain,
    I'll give you some feedback from the NorCal Raider station folks up here who cover the games. Unfortunately, we don't have many options up here, so I tend to listen in on what these turds have to say.

- Gallery is still getting manhandled (their word, not mine). Short of calling him a bust, these guys don't even know if he is playing at the right position.

- Newberry (center) has had more knee surgeries than a orthopedic surgeon examines in a month and he's considered to be stronger than Jake Grove (their current starter). Think of big mal just demolishing him when we play them.

- Culpepper is definitely getting around much better, but there is still concern over him getting hit in the legs. Most Raider fans would pay for you to take Andrews. Josh is their only reliable (oxymoron of sorts) backup with Russell not being signed.

- Defense is the best thing going for them, but many wonder how far they can carry the team after the offense gets too many 3 and outs.

Anyway, those are just some of the tidbits I collected over these past weeks. No doubt that kiffen will help them win more games, but if you figure that doubling their wins from last year means having 4 of them, then that's not saying much. KC has definitely taken a huge step backwards. I guarantee you it's only a matter of time before we're hearing about a QB controversy, because Huard isn't doing as well as he should blah, blah, blah.

18. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    The way the Chiefs are going they may be able to improve their division record some. What was that again? ;)

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Culpepper is an average passer, with a big body for a target and who's not immobile but who isn't especially agile or fast. He's not as quick on the trigger as Rivers or Peyton Manning, doesn't know the offense or the receivers that well yet and is going to have serious trouble staying healthy this year because the the line he plays behind. Our offense is going to improve, probably a good deal more than their defense will. I don't see Culpepper being able to scramble or even move around in the pocket like Rivers or Manning, so he's going to be constantly under pressure when he faces our defense and without a whole lot of time to decide what to do with an unfamiliar group of receivers in a new offense. We really ought to beat these guys like a drum.

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

Blah blah blah. Typical negative Nancy post from you. Well, if they played the Rams better than we did, then they must be a better team right? It was preseason after all.

The Raiders looked like a legitimate NFL offense in preseason last year, too. When the regular season rolled around, uhhh, not so much.

The Turds still have a crappy O-line and no standout skill players. Their defense is pretty good, but not as good as some of the numbers from last year would suggest.

The Turds and the Queefs will battle it out for last place. The Turds will be marginally better than last year, but not that much.

21. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Raiders suck.

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    All they needed to do was get a good OL and Walter would have been much better. I dont fear Culpepper tho.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Who cares what the Raiduds do, as long as we're ahead of them I don't care. Fawk em!!!!!:bolt: :icon_toast: