1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So how many losses will it take for Dean to fire the organizational cancer AJ Smith?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IMissMarty, Sep 2, 2012.

1. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Considering that Norv took over a team coming off 3 straight winning seasons and Marty took over a complete garbage team that hadn't been to the postseason in nearly a decade, the fact that Norv has only been able to manage 2 more wins than Marty in a 5 year span is much more of an indictment on Norv that it is on Marty.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,867
    <insert Predictable response crediting Marty for wins and insinuating Norv rode the talent to wins here>

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Marty wasn't the GM. He was handed the talent just as much as Norval was.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    I dont know, you seem to like marty an aweful lot, and he missed the playoffs too...

Here is what I see. You roll in here every few weeks or so and ramble off some angst filled rant, and insult others who are just 'appoligists' in your eyes, all because you demand change. And where do you demand it... On a forum that is not even the teams forum.

Sorry, I dont think your poison pen agenda is going to be the spark that ignites change, which makes me see you as a broken record that cant say anything positive about the team... In short, you sir are a NEGATRON.

Do try and find something to enjoy other than the losses this season, ummkhay? Thnksbye.

5. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    And if I express my disgust on the team forum, that will ignite change? Of course not. Dean Spanos knows that the majority of Chargers fans hate AJ and Norv and want their asses out of town. He gave them the finger last January just the same.

And I really don't get the "You can't say anything positive about the team!!!" whining. Why should I? This team is much worse than it was when Norv took over and he's STILL HERE. The team isn't moving in a positive direction, therefore speaking positively about them equates to shoving one's head in the sand.

You wanted to hear positive talk before last season too. What did it get you? Missing the playoffs again. I'm glad you're able to be positive about that though :unsure:

6. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    The talent that Norv inherited had gone 35-13 over it's previous 3 seasons.

The talent that Marty inherited had gone 14-33 over it's previous 3 seasons.

What a stupid comment. Go smack yourself.

7. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I was talking mostly about AJ, but if you want to go that route we can. Like I mentioned in an earlier post. Marty and Norv both have coached the Chargers for five years. Guess what, Norv has two more wins than Marty. So YES, I think they are better then they were 5 years ago. They've certainly won more games under Norv in the same time span.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    LOL! They see you trollin...

Oh I dont know... Maybe because not even one snap has been played this season and you are pining like we lost 16 games in a row... All hail lord Negatron...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Right. But Marty was later handed talent that helped him go 35-13.

But I digress. Admitting that Marty isn't the General Manager would require you to give credit to the guy you want fired in post #1 so I get why you want to credit Marty for acquiring that talent.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Who gathered the talent?

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,351
    [​IMG]

13. Larry

Larry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    :raiderssuck: I've been a big fan since 1968 and I hate to say it but the SD/49er game was the worst game I have ever witnessed .
    I think Norv has had all the chances he deserves so it is time to get a coach that can motivate the players as well as the fans. They keep this up and no one will care if they move to LA or not. WHEN IS THIS CRAP GOING TO END? Don't blame Rivers- Give him something to work with after AJ Smith trades them all away. :broncossuck:

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Let me get this straight...the Chargers 4th pre-season game of this year was the WORST game you ever witnessed? You're going to hang the "worst game ever" designation on a MEANINGLESS PRESEASON GAME?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    You've been a fan since 1968 and a preaseason game is the worst game you've ever witnessed? :roflmao:

16. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9

And when Norv misses the playoffs again, will you at that point say "Ok, I can see why you were so negative about Norv coming back for another year"?

No, you won't, because apologists such as yourself don't possess the strength of character to admit to being wrong. So it really doesn't matter whether or not we have this conversation now or 3 months the season, because you'll just be making the same stupid excuses.

You apologists are painstakingly predictable.

17. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    3 times in Marty's career, he came to losing franchises and turned them into winning ones. Marty didn't even have his first losing season in the NFL until his 14th season in the league.

So, either Marty was the luckiest head coach in NFL history to be blessed with amazing general managers everywhere he landed, or, Marty had something to do with those franchises becoming good and helping those general managers succeed. You have seen how poor AJ Smith's drafts have been since Marty left after all, haven't you?

But I digress. Admitting that losing franchises always seemed to become winning ones wherever Marty went would require you to give credit to him for being an outstanding head coach, so I get why you don't want to credit Marty with developing that talent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    I give Marty a lot of credit for bringing the Chargers back to being a credible origination, we just needed someone to get us over the hump that he couldn't do

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Not really comparing apples to apples IMO when you compare a coach who took over a terrible team and took a couple years to get them up to par, and a guy who took over a great team that took no time getting them up to par. So yes, the fact that he only has 2 more wins with better team, indicates he was not an upgrade

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    I personally give Marty a lot of credit for helping to turn around the organization and develop talent. Unfortunately, we needed someone to succeed where he failed his entire career, but we did not accomplish that with the Norv hiring

21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Whether he upgraded the WR corps remains to be seen. If Meachem doesn't pan out then the best you could say would be that he maintained the quality of the group.

22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    To address the topic of the thread, the answer is "enough". Enough losses that the team fails to make the playoffs.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Keep it idling.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Just what in hell does this dog intend to do after he catches his tail?

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Probably say it doesn't taste good. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Hey you go girl! If you can defend your negativity before a single play has happened this season, when your talking about the team missing the playoffs again, and still claim to be a fan then you go...

And take Larry with you...

In the mean time I will continue to be a Chargers fan and root for the playoffs until they are no longer a possibility. You can continue to be an appologist who looks more like a Raider fan in sheeps clothing. Because you Negatron are the appologist. Appologising for the success the Chargers have had in spite of your man-love Marty having arranged for his termination....

Ummm khay, thnxbahbye.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Negatron? :roflmao: Pretty good, Conc. :tup:

Almost as good as hearing Palin referred to as Bible Spice. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    AJ is not blameless, but there is no way I'd fire him unless we completely tank to like 4-12 and Rivers demands a trade. AJ has done a great job this offseason, I won't blame him to much for what's happening with Gaither, I'd bet you only 1 or 2 teams in the league could replace their starting LT with a guy they feel confident in.

BTW I'd rather have Marty too...but he is just as much to blame for his firing as AJ, and I would argue more as he wanted more control of the franchise than he was ever promised.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408