1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So how many losses will it take for Dean to fire the organizational cancer AJ Smith?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IMissMarty, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    And tell me oh wise one... What is it to call strangers 'appologists' simply because they will not goose step to someone elses opinion... How would you characterize that?

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Just because the moron climbed into the sewer, doesn't mean you have to climb in there with him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    I thought your "words" needed to be read twice so people could see how utterly idiotic they were. The fact you missed the humor in that was expected.

4. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Spoken like a true apologist. You know full well that the Chargers have been rightfully and overwhelmingly favored to win their division for quite a few years now, not only because of who their quarterback is, but also because of how bad the other competition in the division is. Not one team in the AFC West finished with a record above .500 last season, and other than the Chargers, not one other team even scored more points than they allowed. The most modest of expectations were that they would win a division that poor, and Norv couldn't even get his team to do that.

Like a typical apologist though, you jam your head in the sand and pretend not to understand that concept. That's why you apologists fail. You have to ignore the obvious in order to continue making your bad arguments.

Also, I can't help but laugh at the "The season hasn't even started yet and you're already being negative" trash. You were making the same weak arguments before last season, the team missed the playoffs, and yet here you are saying the same apologist garbage again. So why does it matter when we have this conversation? You're just going to say the same things regardless of what the results are, lol.

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    It's always best to avoid feeding the trolls.

That said, we've seen IMM's schtick before, it's old, it's tired. I get it. Srsly~ Try ignore if you can't help yourself from engaging.

For everyone: please tone down the personal attacks (written or via pictures). If you don't like an argument, debate it, discuss it, toss it around with facts and logic, but if you need to talk smack, we have a whole section where you can go round and round to your delight here: http://bolttalk.com/forums/smack-talk.21/

6. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    You know what's really old and tired? Norv missing the playoffs. That's much more old and tired than anything I've said :)

It should also be mentioned: The reason why certain people are unable to avoid engaging me is because they know what I'm saying about Norv is right. They know the team has gotten worse under Norv. The know the rest of the league is laughing at us for keeping him. And, most of all, they know that the team was better off when Marty Schottenheimer was here.

The truth hurts. That's why my posts draw such ire from the pro-Norv crowd.

• Old Old x 2
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Circle back that the pre-season predictions. Oh and I love the "Hey I was right last season too! 50% of the time I am right 75% of the time!"

Hey Negatron, call me when you become a Chargers fan, or have anything to say that is worthy of my time .

8. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Right, so we've established that you'll be making the same arguments regardless of what the results are this year, just like you did in 2010 and 2011. Just wanted to make sure :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Why? Rivers lead the NFL in passing in 2010 with nothing even close to resembling VJ. We just need a defense that plays well, Rivers to not throw a ton of picks, and Mathews to stay healthy

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    What does this have to do with what we had been discussing? I said that whether the receiving corps had improved or not was dependent on whether Meachem pans out or not. I never said that the quality of Rivers' performance was dependent on Meachem panning out.

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't really see anything idiotic about hoping that the team either wins the Lombardi or is put in a position to best upgrade the team in order to win later. Would you care to elaborate how these are not desirable outcomes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    AJ inherited a team that John Butler was responsible for. JB turned this organization around with the drafting of Brees and LT. He traded Vick (#1 ) and cleaned house. he brought in Foley and other FAs that really changed the atmosphere. JB had the next 3 year drafts all lined up for AJ to execute. If Brees showed promise don't pick a QB, If he fails get a QB (PR or BR). JB brought in a leader and winner in Marty.

Teams in the NFL have mock drafts for the next 3 years according to how that team does. PR was on the list if Brees struggled as was Ben Rothlesburger. I would still like to know the truth as to why AJ could not work with Nix after all those years together.

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I find your post dubious at best.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    You really ARE cluless. If you need someone to explain what you wrote, then step away from the keyboard. You simply aren't ready.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I want the team to either win the Superbowl, or improve themselves this year so that they'll be able to do so in the coming seasons. Tell me, how does going 8-8 and missing the playoffs help either of those goals?

With the rookie salary cap, and the increase in college programs running pass-oriented offenses, the benefits of having a high draft pick have never been greater. Do you think the Redskins were glad that they beat Minnesota last year, pushing their draft slot back from 2nd to 6th? That "win" cost them 2 first round draft picks and a 2nd. I suppose you're unfamiliar with the term "Pyrrhic Victory"...

16. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Tit for tat makes for interesting reading... for a while!

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Here we go with the "it's better to LOSE theory again..."

[​IMG]

18. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    It's not better to lose. It's better to lose big, than to lose small while failing to win the ultimate prize. The NFL rewards losing big and winning big. It doesn't reward mediocrity.

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    [​IMG]

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,764
    B4L reincarnate?

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    AJ Smith blows, and the people here who wanted to drink his piss a few years ago are now taking out their inner frustrations on people like IMM. We're not sorry whatever feelings you have are hurt, go and get your catheters and suck away.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    [​IMG]

23. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    that is much better than your old catheter pics..thanks for your input, all the best.

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,375
    [​IMG]

25. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    insecurity at its finest. thats what drinking piss does to you i guess

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Fair enough. I guess I misunderstood you. I should read better next time

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    AJ Took over in 2003 when the team was still bad. The team didn't turn around until after his 2004 and 2005 draft and free agency classes. So not only is it inaccurate to just say he inherited a good team from Butler, it is complete BS. He did inherit Brees, LT, J-Will, and Jammer, but other than that, the team was severely void of talent.

The turn around happened in 2004 when he signed Goff, Foley, and Godrey as free agents, Traded for Roman Oben and McCardell, and drafted Rivers, Turner, Olshanski, Keading, Phillips, Hardwick, and Olivea, all but Rivers had an immediate impact. Also that year, Gates and Dielman came into their 2nd season, after AJ signed them as free agents, and took over the starting role at their position.

AJ also had a great 2005 draft class. Unfortunately, after that, the drafts went in the crapper for several years

28. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    And the truth is is that JB set AJ up nicely for a few drafts and all AJ had to do was fill in the name of the draft card. NO team is just working on next years draft. They are all working on the draft for next year, year after that and year after that. They have scouts that are scouting high schools as well as college. To think that a billion dollar company is not going to prepare the best they can for the next few years is crazy.

29. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    the offseason and preseason served us well, this forum is definitely in midseason form :tup:

30. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Funny how the beginning of AJ's crappy drafting seemed to coincide directly with Norv Turner's hiring, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1