1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So they're Sayin theres a Chance.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Nov 10, 2012.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...olts-jay-cutlers-bears-among-title-contenders

13. San Diego Chargers

Why they're legitimate contenders:Their inclusion on this list might raise a few eyebrows, but the Chargers have a legitimate shot to make a run at the Lombardi Trophy, based on their history of finishing strong under Norv Turner. After Nov. 1, Turner's Chargers teams have won 72.7 percent of their regular-season games (a 32-12 record), including an impressive 21-3 mark in December and January. Veterans like quarterback Philip Rivers, tight endAntonio Gates, linebacker Shaun Philips, safety Eric Weddle and cornerback Quentin Jammer are accustomed to winning games down the stretch. The Chargers' confidence will make them a tough out for any team vying for a playoff spot.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Buuuullshit.:p

3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +498
    This thread is designed for the Doom-n-Gloomers.
    How dare someone pull the silver-lining out?

4. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    More like one in a million...

3.jpeg

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    It was more for information/debate. Tho we all know the debate is all said before ****. Also I cant see the need to waste our time panicing like KC Chef fans mid season, for the fear that Norv MIGHT keep his job regardless of end result of the season. I think that with the outlash last year on the internet forums AND season ticket cancelers, we as fans have made our opinion on what has been a continuing snowball opinion that NORV SUCKS! (and AJ for hiring Norv for some) and need not worry about bitching about the product that fails this year as such is justifiable and will give you your needed change.

Keep in mind that *I mentioned it around week 3-4* the NFL as a whole has keyed in on the running game and locked it down. I havent or care to looked into what the avg Rush D has goin for itself at this point in the season, but I would bet that the avg compared to last year or random years before would show that the #s are in the favor of the this year teams.

What I dont get is WHY u all wanna TRy to throw up on this roller coaster when were not even to the top of the highest peak??

Scratch that I cant ask anything of anyone on here without getting the Miranda. Prob a good thing I only get hours a week to even visit the board.(s)

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629

I mean, of course there's a chance that we could win the SB. Tom Brady, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Peyton Manning, Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and Ben Roethlisberger could all get season-ending injuries today, and our SB opponent could have their QB get into a horrible car accident the day before the game. I don't think that that sequence of events is particularly likely, however.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +171
    This sh1t makes for good reading but it won't happen. Norv Turner teams are not tough enough to nut up when the crap starts hitting the fan...Ty turtle up like their lame arse coach. After today they sit at 4-5....

Nothing is impossible. Even the padres didn't get completely eliminated from the playoffs until early September. Mathematics are one thing- reality and such a cream puff soft team is another.

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Homer in me says we can go 10-6.. then the realistic side of me sees this team at 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7..

Chargers (4-5), have, Broncos, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Panthers, Jets, and Raiders left.
    Colts (6-3) have, Patriots, Bills, Lions, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, and Texans left. Minimum they go is 9-7.
    Steelers (5-3) have, Chiefs, Ravens, Browns, Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, and Browns left. Minimum they go is 10-6.
    Bengals (4-5) have, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, and Ravens left. Minimum they go is 9-7.

We have to win all our home games. And an away game or two to put us at 9-7/10-6 to make the playoffs.

My prediction we go 9-7 and we miss the playoffs on a tie breaker and Dean retains AJ & Norv and puts an unlucky label on this season.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I see three more wins. Panthers, Jets, Raiders. Maybe the Bengals.

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Honestly, the only win I see remaining is Carolina, and I legitimately think that we might just find a way to lose that game, too. I think 4 wins with the tie-breaker over KC will keep us from getting the 1, but we might still suck enough for the 2.

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,070
    This team has confidence? You could have fooled me from the last couple 2nd halves?

Honestly, I think a change in coaching could do Rivers and several others a load of good. It's a reality check that's been needed for some time. And quite frankly, some of Phil's "fire" on the field needs to translate to showing some spine when speaking up as a supposed "leader" of this team and letting the FO know that the status quo isn't acceptable and what he feels should be added to make his life easier - as opposed to just toeing the company line and smiling like another lemming in the order.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I came in here and was sure this thread was started before last nites games. I see that it was but that some of you have come on and are still hopeful, some are even talking playoffs. Sorry to break the glass half full guys but this team is goin nowhere but closer to the number 1 pick in the draft. There needed to be a regime change in early 2011 and there wasn't. Status quo means status quo, another year of futility and ineptitude. Roll on April 2013 when we'll have a proper talent evaluator drafting for us.

13. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpg