1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So what do you guys make of Colt Brennan?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Alpenbolt, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The guy the real deal or not? Where does he go in the draft?

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    With a last name like that he will be a superstar! :yes:

Seriously though what u guys think, how do u think my namesake irish american will do?.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think his parents should both be punched in their faces for giving him such a stupid name.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    U mean the 'Colt' part right?.... yep kinda strange that one?, Jack, Patrick, Sean etc might have been better. :tup:

I think his lastname is a great one. :yes: :icon_toast:

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I think he's a good QB, but his stats are inflated. Playing run-n-shoot in the WAC can do that for ya. That being said, I think he is a second day guy in the draft. Maybe 4th or 5th round.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Big, strong, smart, accurate, holds a bunch of NCAA records...

...I think he's a lot like Philip Rivers!!

I sure hope he's as lucky in the draft as our guy was. Best of luck to him in his NFL future.

I did think Spielman was gonna leap out of the booth and go hump his leg. Jeezus... did they have to lay down the tarps in the booth? Spielman was practically gushing man fluid every time Brennan moved. :lol:

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Yep he was. He's also trying to put Brennan in the Heisman spotlight. A long shot, IMHO, given the success Tim Tebo has had at Florida.

I've watched (or tried to watch when I can) Hawaii football ever since June Jones went there. Brennan is a stud at QB, much better than Jimmy Chang too. Brennan can read defenses better as well.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm wary of any QB where its basically a wide open spread offense where the QB can get gaudy numbers.

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I like Colt Brennan however a lot of what he has is that he is a product of the system. He has come back stronger from an injury and with the San Diego horrible offense he has done a lot. For his size and height he is very fast (he is bigger and about as tall as PRs but runs under a 4.9) He makes good decisions and has a very accurate strong arm. He can also throw it long. He will probably be a 3rd rounder maybe a little lower (7th round projected) however this would be due more because he is on the Aztecs then anything else. He is getting some serious looks though.

BTW he is 6'6 228 Ibs and runs a 4.59 40 yard dash. Not sure how someone so big can run so fast but he does it.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He's accurate with his completion percentage in his career, and throws a tight spiral every time with some zip. That has nothing to do with being in the WAC. He's got pure talent as a QB, but it remains to be seen if it can be translated into the NFL. I hope so, I've been a fan of his since his Sophmore year, and have been rooting for him the past couple of seasons.

He's better than Charlie Whitehurst:tup:

11. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Zeus, who are you talking about???:icon_huh: Colt Brennan plays QB for HAWAII, not in SAN DIEGO for the AZTECS , I believe you got your players mixed up.:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    He is also better than Volek. He does have decent speed and what a NFL QB really needs in its modern form is a QB that can scramble. We need better protection and PRs needs to get better at it or he won't make it as far in the NFL. He has maybe 2 more years to prove himself and honestly he needs to get his speed up a bit and learn to scramble. That and he needs to stop staring down his receivers and learn how to make adjustments.

I like Dixon as well but he does seem a little injury prone when he got his second injury of his career a few weeks ago.

13. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    haha Damn i meant Kevin O'Connell I edited the post and Forgot to put his name back =).

• Like Like x 1
  14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Nobody can accurately predict where Colt will go right now. We'll get an idea after the combine and private workouts. One thing about Colt is that he is a gunslinger type QB so particular things which will be heavily evaluated are ability to throw on the run, long pass accuracy, etc... He is nowhere near the prospect that Trent Edwards is and Trent went late 3rd round in a weaker draft class than the upcoming one. Guessing I would say 1st round is absolutely out of the question. Mid 2nd round is if he tests extremely well and passes some interested team's individual workout with flying colours (will Matt Millen bite?) In all likelihood we might be looking at mid 3rd to mid 4th.

15. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Yeah, I see Colt going in the 3rd round. I hope he does good in the NFL, but not against SD.