1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So what do you think of Norv now?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I think that next year is the real test...with many teams there is a coaching hangover from the year before (like the SB Dallas got with Switzer coaching)
    Maybe there's still some of Marty hanging around, maybe there's not...but I think next year will really tell us just how good Norv is.
    And based on last year, then this year, this team should be in the Championship game again.
    At least now I see Norv as a positive.

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The worst time I had with Norval was getting skeptical in the first half of the season. I figured he would do just fine when he was hired, but got a bit impatient when we didn't sprint out of the gate. Norv is no Switzer. Those two can't be compared in any way, shape or form. Switzer had no experience other than with the wishbone when Jones brought his good ol' boy buddy on board. AJ took a calculated gamble and it has paid off. I don't expect Norv to be rolling snake eyes any time soon.

3. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    No, I'm not saying Norv and Switzer have anything in common...just that Switzer won a SB because J Johnson had been the coach the year before...a coaching hangover.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I think his sphincter isn't puckered anymore

:lol::lol::lol:

HOWS THAT CONC!!!!!

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

5. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Norval has put his stamp on the team. If this season was any kind of hangover it would have come out very differently after the lousy start we had. If Dallas had stumbled out of the gate in Switzer's first season, I seriously doubt that he would have been able to turn things around the way Norval did here. Norval won this team over, Switzer lost the Cowboys his sophomore year because he simply couldn't coach at the NFL level. I'm still mystified how the Cowboys did that under Switzer in his first year. Had to have been the assistants and coordinators, because it couldn't have been him. Switzer was the NFL's own Jerry Faust.

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Norv is the man for the mission! the SUPERBOWL

7. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Thread in V Bookie next season. Vegas odds.

8. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    You guys do realize that Switzer lost the Championship to the 49ers his first year and won the Super Bowl in his second year?

Sweet if Norv could do the same.....