1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So, what say y'all about this program-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Jun 14, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    With teenage drivers getting killed at a higher rate than ever this year, (at least in my area), I'd say that ANYTHING that might possibly get their attention is worth doing. That "plan" may sound a bit morbid - but so is going to a classmate's funeral.

It could be done without resorting to the arcane BS that simply draws smirks and doesn't work. (Remember the old evil devil weed movies that didn't work for our generation?)....

• Like Like x 1
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I presented this cuz I saw on Fox news this morning that this program has caused quite a stir in some area of California. My immediate response is to recall the VD films on AFRTS on was subjected to whilst deployed overseas back in the day. But as you say, if this program could stop one teen death due to DWI...

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Hey, whatever works to get people to STOP this nonsense---I can't think of many things that are more senseless than drunk driving.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the very first time a DUII is caught, it should mean a prison sentence; #1, because no one can live in this society and not know that it's stupid and wrong, and #2, the person has almost always committed this crime at least several times and NOT been caught. So that's that many times he or she has endangered perfect strangers on the road for no damned reason.........yes, prison is definitely appropriate, if only because it'll keep them OFF the road for the length of their sentences.

And, lest anyone accuse me of being a silly old bag, let me tell you: this is coming from someone who used to drink six-foot, two-hundred-pound men under the table and then drive home with all the windows down and the radio blasting. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of how much damage I could've done maneuvering two tons of hurtling metal down the road in that condition. My 17-year-old son was out and about the other night and called a DUII in to the cops; she was driving erratically and nearly wiped out two elderly pedestrians, several parked cars, five planters and a mamma duck as she cut a swath of terror across the heart of downtown. He followed her at a safe distance as they instructed him, then they caught up with them both and nailed her drunken butt in the post-office parking lot.

The police called him the next day to tell him that this was the woman's FOURTH DUII THIS YEAR.........hell, the boy's a hero, he might have saved some lives. I'm damned proud of him, too.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    As well you should, Darlin.