1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So Where is VJ Going?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    My bet is he gets traded on Monday for a 3rd next year and a 2nd in 2012 if he signs a contract extension. And I think crazy Daniel Snyder and the Skins will be the ones throwing the money his way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    That would be the smartest move Snyder has made since taking over

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm going with the longshot.

He stays in Diego and helps us lock up the West and a 1st round bye.

We knock off the Colts and Pats...and take on the Lions..I mean the Cowpies in the Superbowl...in the new
    Texas Stadium no-less!

The media is all over the Cowgirls g-strings...and we kick their arses and bring the Lombardi back to Cali!

What? I said I'd take the longshot...

4. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    We get the Vikings 1st and give them VJ and our 3rd in this up coming draft

5. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    ....down the toilet, it seems.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That would be AWESOME! But I doubt we get that much

7. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Since we are loaded up front for the draft next year:

1 - 1st
    1 - 2nd
    3 - 3rd (Cromartie's 3rd may be a 2nd based on play, so im guessing a 3rd :) unless its just by playing time)
    1 - 4th
    1 - 5th
    1 - 6th
    0 - 7th (Crayton)

Their is almost no reason to trade VJ for a 3rd only. If we get a 3rd, we will lump it in with the other 3 and probably use one or two to move up in the first or second. If we sit on VJ then we pull in a tweener 3rd-4th comp pick in 2012 when at this time we have a standard set of draft picks. We really need to get a 2nd or multiple picks over 2 years to make this work.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    If a team wants VJ I would not settle for less then a 2011 2nd and a 2012 3rd. Marshall was traded for two 2nds, so that would be a fair price for VJ.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm feeling ballsy so I'll agree with this! :yes:

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    VJack gets traded to a surprise team...THE PANTHERS...on Monday for a 2011 2nd round pick, and a conditional mid round pick in 2012.

Steve Smith said a while ago that he doesn't want to be the #1 target anymore, VJack would be a fantastic compliment to him, and after cutting the overblown contracts of Peppers, Delhomme, and possibly even DeAngelo Williams they can afford to give him a long term deal in the offseason.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't care where he goes as long as he gets the **** out of Dego.

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I say if we don't get more than a 3rd then keep him. We will take the 3rd comp pick if he walks. AJ will flash his sack and VJ will bow to it.

13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Signs continue to point to Vincent Jackson heading to Minnesota

Posted by Mike Florio on September 19, 2010 11:48 AM ET
    Fifteen days ago, a still-unnamed team had worked out a one-year contract with Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson. But the team couldn't work out a trade with the Chargers, preventing a deal that would have ensured his new team would have him after his three-game suspension.

Our pal Henry Lake of KFAN was the first to strongly link the Vikings to Jackson, and acting on his info we learned that the team that had the deal in place with Jackson most likely, if not definitely, was the Vikings.

On Saturday, we reported that at least one team currently has a deal in place with Jackson, and that the ball is in the Chargers' court to work out a trade by Wednesday, which would allow his new team to use him after four games have been played.

The Chargers are expected to wait until all of the Week Two games have ended before striking a deal.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN addressed the situation in more detail this morning, and the signs are pointing even more strongly to the Vikings being the team to land Jackson. They say that that Rams and Seahawks are only moderately interested; the Redskins are believed to be interested but they already are down a third-round and fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft.

It all could change if a starting wideout tears an ACL today, tonight, or tomorrow night. We won't jinx any of them by naming names, but it's not all that hard to come up with a list of 20 or so guys who would be potentially replaced by Jackson if they play their last game of the 2010 season today, tonight, or tomorrow.

ProFootballTalk.com

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    We are down a 5th rounder (trade for Cam Thomas) and a fourth rounder (trade for Donald Butler). But yeah first three rounds we are pretty stocked, in all likeliness we will have a first, two seconds, two thirds.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Report: Vikings to meet about Jackson

BY KEVIN ACEE
    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2010 AT 11:16 A.M.

It appears the team believed to be most interested and most in need of Vincent Jackson could be on the verge of working a trade for the disgruntled receiver.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports this morning that the Minnesota Vikings will meet tonight or tomorrow to discuss trading for Jackson.

The Vikings’ interest was reported here last month. But the Vikings initially balked at the $50 million (with $30 million guaranteed) that Jackson was requesting over five years. (Strange that while Jackson’s agents vehemently and repeatedly denied that was their asking price, also first reported here, Mortensen said Jackson is expected to cost an average of $9.5 million a year with $30 million guaranteed.)

If the Chargers trade Jackson by Wednesday, he can play in his new team’s fifth game. If he is not traded by then, he would be out until the season’s seventh game.

Report: Vikings to meet about Jackson - SignOnSanDiego.com

16. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Fave has thrown to his WR's 7 times.

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    V. Shiancoe 6 86 0 33
    P. Harvin 5 32 0 13
    A. Peterson 4 31 0 16
    B. Berrian 1 20 0 20
    J. Kleinsasser 1 20 0 20
    T. Gerhart 1 5 0 5
    G. Camarillo 1 3 0 3

17. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Final receiving stats! Do you think they need VJ now? HA!!

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    V. Shiancoe 6 86 0 33
    A. Peterson 5 41 0 16
    P. Harvin 5 32 0 13
    B. Berrian 2 24 0 20
    J. Kleinsasser 1 20 0 20
    G. Lewis 1 14 0 14
    T. Gerhart 1 5 0 5
    G. Camarillo 1 3 0 3

18. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Brett couldn't throw to any of his guys against the dolphins, which means the Vikings might make a push. What if, and this is a BIG what if, we trade VJ for Sidney Rice and swap maybe our 3rd with their 2nd?! Thatd be sweet!

19. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    No Way! Rice is not all that.

20. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    MRI coming for Percy Harvin's hip

Posted by Mike Florio on September 19, 2010 7:02 PM ET
    Vikings receiver Percy Harvin was questionable for Sunday's game with a hip injury. He played, and he played well. Until he aggravated the injury.

According to Tom Pelissero of 1500espn.com, Harvin will have an MRI on Monday.

"We knew coming into the game that it was going to get tight," Harvin said after the game, per Pelissero. "Just sitting on the sidelines for a while, it kept tightening up, and it was hard to get loose. When it came to the fourth quarter I got an adrenaline got rushing a little bit, so I kind of forced my way back on the field a little bit. We'll evaluate it [Monday] and see what's going on."

Harvin said that the hip "just grabs. . . . I can't really get to the top of my speed. It kind of grabs a little bit, and it's hard to stop and go. It's something I'll keep treating, and each week hopefully, it'll get better."

The Vikings also lost linebacker Ben Leber, who suffered a back injury in the second half and left via a cart. Middle linebacker E.J. Henderson's brother, Erin, replaced Leber.

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    got to think minnesota has to give the chargers good compensation (hopefully a 2nd) cause they really need a good wr. They're sinking fast without one. The other suitors rams need a good wr. The seahawks still need a better wr. And washington needs a better wr badly. HOpefully one will finally pull the trigger this week. I'm a hoping.

22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm hopeing we get a 2nd for jackson. Then we'll have three 2nd rounders and 3 3rd rounders to have ammo to move around and get good players. YOU also have to remember. Were only going to have room for 3 or 4 new players. So we definelty need quality over quanity this next draft.

23. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Vikings seem to be the team most talked about tonight after their loss.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Their fans are either calling for VJack now....or giving up on the season altogether. LOL Its a 50/50 split.

Bottom line is the team wants a new stadium, they need support, they need to win now, VJack gives them a great chance to do that.

25. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Ha yah, forgot we gave up picks for them, but 2nd day picks have an awful hard time cracking this lineup of late :))

26. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    If we send VJ to Minnesota, we will see him next year because that is when we are scheduled to play the NFC North ( I am working on the assumption that we will have football next season). That being said....bye! see ya!! so long VJ!!! I hope we can get a 2nd in 2011 and a 3rd or 4th in 2012 for him. Does he need a ride to the airport?

27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    start a thread saying he is going to Seattle.

28. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Rams are still interested in Vincent Jackson

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 20, 2010 5:05 PM ET
    The Rams have previously been reported as one of the teams that received permission to speak with Vincent Jackson.

It's no surprise, then, that the team is still interested in Jackson, according to Brian Stull of 101 ESPN in St. Louis. The Rams have actually manufactured a decent passing game despite their wideouts, but they could certainly use more weapons for Jackson.

Stull points out that a negotiation for Jackson requires coming up with the right trade offer for the Chargers and the right contract for Jackson. If Jackson didn't really want to go to St. Louis, he could make it difficult for them to acquire him.
    Rams are still interested in Vincent Jackson | ProFootballTalk.com

29. tunaman

tunaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Based on the injuries to wideouts and the need to win now to help build a stadium...I'm going with the Vikes. They know they have to do something better than a 3rd (the projected compensation for losing VJ), so a 2nd next year with a conditional pick (conditional on VJ signing a long term deal with the Vikes) in 2012 of a 3rd round pick.

But what do I know...before the season started I thought the Bolts would destroy KC and the Jags game would be a win, but close.

30. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What about Sydney Rice? Why not trade VJ for Rice plus any other appropriate compensation? He is proven and would add alot to our team assuming AJ would wanna pay him...