1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So who steps in for Floyd this week?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd really like to see Naanee in the mix & CC start getting more looks again. Also, Gatesy is gonna need to be a bigger part of the game plan.

Thoughts? :icon_shrug:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I go with Naanee. Tampa's cover two should be ready for Gates. We need the run to loosen up the D, to get VJ open. Naanee could take the underneath passess.

Norv will have to make a damn good game plan, not just a normal game plan. You know, one that we play to win, not play to not lose. The primadona players will have to nut up and play the game plan. Not do their own thing...

If they can do that, we can win...

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Brooks is out. Could open up the middle considerably. :tup:

4. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Does anyone know why Malcolm's lung collapsed? Did he get hit and a rib puncture it or what? I didn't get to see the game, I was trying to thaw out some valves at work.

As for steppin in for Floyd, maybe Norv gives Osgood a chance. :icon_shrug:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Please, GAWD, no!!! :icon_eek:

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I guess CC will have to make himself available more. He seems to have backed off and let Malcom take over. I guess Naanee will see much more time on the field. I just hope he has run some of the slot routes instead the screen. The screen seems to be the only play freakin Norv has for him. Go LEGS!!. :tup:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kassim for a couple of plays. If he drops it then he can STFU forever and remain a special teams demon in SD.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Until they figure out a game plan that any 10 year old (no disrespect to 10 year olds) can figure out, our offense is going to be stuck in 1st gear.

Damn Norval, Doesn't your offensive coordinator have any tricks up his sleeve??

oh, my bad, we have a puppet OC.

:icon_shrug:

:icon_huh:

:lol:

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The players also have to play the system/plan regardless of what they think of it. Not sleepwalk through it. They get paid to play the plan, they need to earn their pay.

The problem is on both sides of the fense IMO. Not just the coaches.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I just watched the LT presser after Wed. practice.

"NOTHING'S CHANGED" and he didn't sound none to happy about it.

He looks like he's a beaten man.

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I watched that too and I was thinking 'did I see what I think I saw'!!. :icon_eek:

It looked like insubordination to me. Any other player and he's in trouble, maybe even LT will get called to Norv's office for this one. He needs to man up and catch the freakin ball next time it is thrown straight to him. :icon_evil:

I love LT (best Charger ever hands down) but I am growing tired of the moping around moaning all the time. :tdown:

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Bench him. Start Sproles, activate Bennett. Newberry plays for Hardwick, Shelton for Clary. Sprinkle in plenty of Naanee & Tolbert.

Recipe for beating the Bucs defense. Not overly worried about their offensive production. Just play like you want to win, D - and keep Wilhelm off the freakin' field.

12. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Going against their Tampa 2, I would expect to see a lot of Legedu.

• Like Like x 1