1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So who's the new OC?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Jan 22, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    I don't even want to start talking about replacing Wade if he goes to Dallas. Bad enough we lost Chud already too. So who does everyone want on the OC job and who do you think will get it realistically?

Favorite: Norm Chow - If we could sign him away from the Titans it would be a best case scenario for me. Chow loves Rivers and vice versa. I think he would be a great fit and allow us to get better play calling down some of the tough stretches we have had.

Realistic: James Lofton - Most likely guy to replace Cam will be Lofton. My guess is he gets the job, takes Cam's playbook and scribbles out Cam's name on it, throws in a couple more deep passign plays and calls it a day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    My money's on Clarence Shelton if they're doing in house

Lofton is still too 'young' coaching wise

if its out of the house, I wouldn't be surprised to see either Brian Schottenheimer (depending on his contract w/Jets) or Steve Mariucci

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Why would you say Mooch for OC?

I'll put my money on Lofton. I dunno, just a gut feeling.

If Wade leaves, promote Manusky IMMEDIATELY. He reminds me of a crazed drunken biker on a Friday night always looking for a fight. A man possessed, fire in his belly, and our D could use that to thrive on.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I want somebody in there that can call a good game.

when your running at will against the pasties

why the HELL stop in the second half!!!

sorry,

I guess I'm not healed yet

:icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +423
    I will go with Chow, I think we will be able to lure him to San Diego just given the fact that since Marty turned down an extension he would be the likely candidate to relieve him next year!

6. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Yesterday I was watching the games @ Macgregors with my brother, my wife, and a few of her friends. One of them is a hardcore chargers fan and has ben wanting to meet me for some time because he had heard about me and how insane I am about the team from my wife. Now, I felt I had been coping ok for the last week since our fuggin complete failure in the postseason and was pretty sure after I resigned myself to the thought of Marty coming back for another year of heartbreak I was going to be able to move on.

Shiiiiiiiiit.

After about 3 minutes of talking about the game I was in full on rage mode again. My wife told me to calm down, I was getting pissed. I had to get up and excuse myself and have a smoke break to calm down.

I guess I'm not over it. :no:

7. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +75

Awww man, don't do this to me. Seriously, the only way Chow goes to SD is if Dallas gives Bud Adams a compensation package for Fisher that he can't refuse. Chow absolutely loves working for Fisher because Jeff lets him do his thing on offense. Plus, would the Spanos' pay a coordinator the $1.1 million Chow is supposedly making with the Titans???

8. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Chow is unlikely, though I'd love that move to death. Rivers + Chow would be a thing of beauty.

If Wade leaves, Manusky is ideal. That man is fiery, aggressive, and would inspire an already motivated defense. Just listening to him on TV makes ME want to tackle somebody.

I think Shelmon is our new OC.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    NFL network is reporting that the Chargers are telling seeking employees that the job's been filled

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    He IS an OC, so unless we throw some picks at Tenn, it is not going to happen. The Titan are very happy with the work he is doing with V. Young, so the odds that Tenn will give permission to interview Chow are none and none.

I think it is going to be in-house and that leaves it down to:

Shelmon OR Lofton.

11. Preechr

Preechr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    What do people think about current Bolts QB Coach John Ramsdell?

Pseudo-Rook Rivers made the ProBowl in Ramsdell’s first year here. Prior to that, as QB’s coach for St Louis, Ramsdell took an unheralded Arena QB named Kurt Warner and made him the offensive keystone for the Greatest Show on Turf. When Kurt Warner’s stats started to trail off, Ramsdell tutored a twice-cut, practice squad, nobody named Marc Bulger into taking over and two years later Bulger was the ProBowl MVP.

The guy can flat out coach. Why not give him Cam’s clipboard and headset?

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think that this would be a great fit. Then next year we get Cowher to come in as HC!!

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,889
    ramsdell hasn't been with the bolts that long, so i'm more inclined to think other people will get the job, primarily shelton

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    look, we all know who should be calling the plays. Us. The Fans. We always know the right plays to call and the right time to do it. We all know when to give it to LT and when to give it to Gates. It is easy. So I will nominate myself as representative of the fans and we'll hold weekly, no, make that daily, wait, HOURLY meetings to discuss how great of a job we are doing and what to do next week. Excellent. ty.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    We can set up the gameplan at the tailgater.

Great idea.

16. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    You have to do more prep the day of. Maybe starting wednesday's at Trumps house.

17. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Shelmon. And I agree...he's the guy that Cameron handed the playcalling duties to a couple times in pre-season and that kind of suggests Shelmon has the inside-track.

The rumor-mill says it's down to Ramsdell or Shelmon. I just hope promoting one of them doesn't mean losing the other.

18. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    man i feel ya dog i just want to throw people in a wood chipper anytime someone mentions the game sorry marc ,man that game was crazy ,it hought they were a sure win ahhhhhhhhhhh i need to scream

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,889
    just keep trumpie and p88f away from it after shotgunning!