1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So you think the Chargers are cheap??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PRiversMVP619, Jul 1, 2012.

1. PRiversMVP619

PRiversMVP619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Every year I hear the ignorant fans try to spew out facts like they know Chargers let alone football, I always hear how we lose our best players because were cheap yet every year I look up the salary cap numbers and we are again one of the few teams that is making use of our money, the Chargers are not cheap plain and simple.

VJ was offered a ridiculous amount of money, more than I would want to give a guy who kicked a flag in the playoffs, who also tried to hold out hurting the team after having back to back run ins with the law, oh and the fact that he becomes a ghost whenever hes matched up against a good corner doesnt help either.. I think I saw us offer 50 million? Thats not cheap, VJ just cares about the money and took the 63 million or so instead to move to a ****** team...

Tolbert actually left with an offer for 1 million less just because hes from Carolina and ive seen videos where he complains about the cost of living in CA to be ridiculous so there you have it...

and lastly.... heres the numbers... were not cheap.... we just spread our money around to the whole team instead of wasting half of it on one diva

Only four teams have less space then us...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...r-all-32-nfl-teams?module=HP11_content_stream

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    This season the team has gone out and made a lot of FA acquisitions. Further "Dollars against the cap" does not equate to "dollars spent." "Cheap" typically relates to signing bonuses, as contracts that are loaded with signing bonuses typically require more "cash" on hand than those without them or with less money in signing bonuses. Also, a 55 million dollar contract would be the equivalent of 11 mil a season, or 1/12th of our annual cap.

Good try though.

3. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    BLAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'm one of the few who didn't mind seeing Jackoffson leave town.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    There's more here in that camp than you might realize. ;)

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    There very well may be more but I was done with the guy when he kicked the flag and I never looked back.

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Really?....... one kicked flag eh? :D

It was more the totality of his behavior that soured me on the guy. He's got ability, but he's another player who's more concerned about his paycheck than giving his all for the team.

He probably did us a favor by pricing himself out of the Chargers plans. That allowed us to get several hungry veterans instead.

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I won't miss him if VB/MF/RM/ER obliterate secondaries this year. I think the biggest advantage on the table as far as signing Jackson went was that he is a known commodity in this offense. Hopefully Smitty is rewarded for diversifying the receiving corps, and ER and RM fit in the offense well, with MF and AG being healthy through the season. If they do, he'll look like a genius, especially if VJ struggles in TB.

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Just call it the icing on the cake.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Between that and the driving without license before game requiring his QB to come pick his *** up, he not only iced but decorated that bleeping cake

11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    VB,MF,RM,ER,AG,VJ,TB...WTF?
    I spent HTT trying to FO what all the Abbr's mean.
    I mean CO man!
    TTFN SOB's.

12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I got lazy and didn't want to type out their names for the billionth time :-(

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It just all adds up and he was never going to be that ideal fit for the Bolt's.

14. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    When it comes to VJ, as a player of course you'd want to keep a talented guy like that on your roster. He's a star receiver and a playmaker, but at the same time as a football team you have to make the decision on whether you think depth is more important than star power, and for the same money that that 1 great player in VJ is getting, the Bolts are now spending that on a number of good players which I believe will be more beneficial to the team.