1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Some good news

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Nov 21, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/al-davis-not-retiring-until-raiders-win-two-super-bowls-14746.php

DAVIS THINKS RAIDERS CAN WIN TWO MORE SUPER BOWLS: The latest sign that Al Davis is slipping further into senility - he says he's not leaving the Raiders until they win two Super Bowls:

Sid Hartman of The MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE caught up with the sepuganarian owner, as he sat in the Metrodome on Sunday to watch his Silver & Back get shellacked by the Vikings.

During yet another loss, Davis told Hartman that he won't retire until a couple more Lombardi Trophies are sitting on his mantelpiece.

Really.

Al also says he's happy with Daunte Culpepper but not happy with the team's 2-8 record. Better get your resume ready, Lane Kiffin.

Regrets? He's had a few. But Davis only mentions trading away receiver Randy Moss, and it wasn't even his original idea, claiming some coaches "convinced" him to go through with it.

With this latest round of nonsensical nagging, you'd think Al had shared a few hits with Randy before the flanker flew off to the Patriots. The real Black Hole doesn't reside in McAfee Coliseum, but sits between Davis' ears.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I guess that does make me feel somewhat better

3. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't feel better knowing AL will now out live me.

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I had to look up "sepuganarian" because I had no idea what the hell it means. I thought that would make me feel stupid, but it turns out, It's actually "septuagenarian". But then it looks like the writer is some sort of raider fan, which took away all my genius feelings. Whatever. Al Davis is a ****ing moron and that's that.

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We may hate Al but we should all want him to live to be a 100 and keep running the team.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Give the guy a break. Morons are born, they can't help themselves. Al has grown into his senility and become comfortable in it.

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Raiders have a lot of talent. If al starts juicing he will live to see them win another SB. If Lane gets his way they will probably bring in Sedrick Ellis and IMO he will have a better pro career than Dorsey. The defense is just a few pieces away from being the best cover 2 style defense in the league. They need to beef up the D-line and send Schweigert packing. If they make the right moves their offense will be able to start challenging defenses routinely within a couple of years.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Something tells me Kiffin won't last much longer:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20071119-1627-fbn-undisciplinedraiders.html

9. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    word

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Long live Al!!!!!

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member