1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Some media love for Philip Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltz_from_Oz, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Boltz_from_Oz

Boltz_from_Oz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +143
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Yeah, I read that too, good article.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    I want media love for winning the Super Bowl...

until then, I'm not that excited about distractions or anything that gives our boys a big head...

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    ^^^You mean, like this guy?

BZ4PUrwIgAAfNwM.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Well, as much fun as it is to hate on the guy (and even more so his brother),
    his resume gives him the right to have a head with it's own zip code.
    In the Top 5 ever...even factoring in the easier rules re. today's passing game.

Chargers need to keep their eyes on the prize right now, and not think about their image...
    they haven't won a damned thing, yet.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The media isn't going to ignore a team that's looking strong early on just because nobody has won the Super Bowl yet. If the Charger players can't keep winning because they notice that and get a big head then they don't deserve to win because that comes with the territory.

And I don't feel guilty enjoying it myself. I'm just a fan, enjoying a little media love while still having perspective of the bottom line has no affect on the actual team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    And Peyton would hurt his team just as much as anyone else if he had the figurative big head to go along with his physically big head on the field. Past success doesn't help you win football games in the present.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Hmph Hmph Agreed!

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Rivers should be a strong contender for MVP if he keeps playing out of his mind.

10. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Not if Luck is luck and the media keeps sobering over him.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I don't really get the vibe that this team buys into their press clippings. Plus, it's nice to see PR get some well deserved recognition nationally.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Burnaby Bolt

Burnaby Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    **** The Manningsā€¦ Archie Included!

13. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Same here. The Mannings have always had no love for San Diego. They ain't getting none from me either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

I agree with with the press BS, these guys are actually learning how to be winners and not just contenders. McCoy and TT have brought in that "TUDE" that just never seemed to be there and it has shown early on with all the injuries that have been overcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CajonZonie

CajonZonie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Great article-thank you Boltz! In my opinion, Rivers' play (for better or worse) epitomizes passion and heart. The level of professionalism he shows in his work ethic, dedication and game preparation is as good as anybody has ever been in this league. I believe that Rivers is to the Chargers what Tony Gwynn was to the Pads, a true face of a franchise.
    As for this apparent lack of media coverage of both Rivers and the team as a whole, I could give a holy hell about it. In fact I'd actually prefer it this way to keep both A) Bandwagoners at bay and B) The media (especially of the East Coast kind) from over scrutinizing every negative play and/or underachievement. Make no mistake, should we continue our play like this they will take notice. Do you know when I want full participation from the media in regards to the success of our team? It'll be when we're blowing out the donkeys in the AFC championship game. Only then will we lay the naysayers to rest. Everybody in this forum understands the ability and potential of this team, there is no question in that. As long as we know it and believe it, the media can say, or better yet, fail to say whatever they so choose. We're not the "sexy" team to be a fan of nor do we have the flashy, marquee players that attract Fairweather fans-and this is what I love! In San Diego, it's about football-absent of individuals and devoid of self entitlement. We are simply a hard-working, blue-collar team with not a whole lot to say-no wonder were not paraded across the headlines, or why analysts and reporters do not over glamorize us- there just isn't a dramatic lead from which to create a story. If we continue to keep putting notches in the right column virtually every NFL story will contain some mentioning of the Bolts. Only then will those of us with our faded and peeling Lightning Bolt decals on the back of our trucks and cars feel the long overdue appreciation we are so deserving of-and honestly, how much sweeter will that be?!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976