1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Some morning Mini-Camp impressions...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, May 3, 2008.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I wish I had photos to post here. The Chargers now have a strict NO CAMERAS ALLOWED policy, which sucks. :tdown:

One thing is for certain: there is NOTHING wrong with LT's knee. While Rivers was limited to some drills, he looked fine. He threw a swing pass to LT and LT smoked everyone on that play. LT also took the ball and made some of his signature cuts. Again, he looked fine.

Hester is a BEAST. If we couldn't have Turner, I'm glad Hester is there. He's got good acceleration. Not quite as explosive as Sproles, but still very quick.

Naanee, Floyd and Chambers made some nice catches.

Cason looked OK, breaking up a couple of passes. Cro and Jammer looked good as well.

Our 4th QB, Bramlet, looked a little slow on delivery. Volek was fine, as was Whitehurst.

Gates, Parker, Pinnock and Williams weren't suited up and I didn't see them out there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Cool, thanks for the impression. That camera policy really sucks......

Hey, did you get a chance to see the linebackers? How do Waters and Siler look?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Parker's vagina still hasn't healed? Wtf?

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Any word on Wade Betschart? I sure hope that kid makes it. He's the real deal.

6. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Yep......

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    word up!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

8. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Thanks for the updates!

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    That's funny. I don't care who you are! :icon_rofl:

I knew there was a reason I liked you, RTL! :tup:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Waters and Siler looked good, with waters being the quicker of the two.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I had a good spot against the fence too. I swear LT was running right at me.

I guess with 'spygate', we can expect more of this type of thing. :icon_sad:

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    He dropped a couple of passes, one right in front of AJ. :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Ooooh nooo. He usually has good hands. Thank you for the info. The town Wade is from is pretty small, around 4 to 5 thousand in population. So everyone is talking about it.

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What is up with the ban on cameras. Is that for good?

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    For a group that wants to build a stadium somewhere in our vicinity, I would think they'd try to be a lesser anus than this.

16. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    thats an insult to VAGINA'S EVERY WHERE :tdown:

:lol:

17. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I went to both sessions... the afternoon was best... I have Bolt Fever...

it's just toooo kewl to be on the field with those guys - it's a whole different perspective on the size and speed these guys have... and on that note, I think this is the fastest overall team, on both sides of the ball, that the Chargers have ever fielded... well, with the exception of one 6th rd CB... Tribble's in trouble...

my dude of the day had to be Cletis Gordon... all day long, play after play, PR/Volek got nothin on him... outs/slants/deep/Chambers/Davis... didn't matter... in the afternoon, his steal in the endzone had the crowd jacked up, it was that good... he's finally ready... 6-1 200 and a 3rd yr player.... timings right... if he plays like that - he stays...

Raging Waters will be one of the starting ILBs... he's back... his quickness and speed is very impressive... we'll see in TC that he can hit too... his work in the passing drills was especially encouraging as he got to the ball more often than not...

Naanee - O My... the dude has some mad skills... not too many DB's are going to bring him down, let alone catch him... 6-2 230 and he's got "the Boston" body... Norv has a problem - only one ball...

Cro has insane skills.... he had competitions going in both sessions with the other guys (Cason/Chambers/Sproles) on returning punts... number of balls caught one handed... number of total balls caught/held at the same time - he dropped the bundle at 4... NOBODY HAS BETTER HANDS...

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

cool about Waters, what did Weddle look like?

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man, I am SO jacked up about this year. With just a little luck in the injury dept., we're on our way. :abq2:

I'm expecting Naanee to be a large part of our success this year. Norv really likes this kid, by all reports, & the league hasn't seen much of him. He's gonna catch some DBs & LBs by surprise.

The secondary is gonna rock. I've just got a real good feel for it. Weddle is gonna be the QB back there. He's got the smarts & instincts to keep everyone working well together. I'd be surprised if Cro doesn't set a single season interception record this year.

And on 11/9 I'll be sitting at the Q, soaking in a game in person. Yeah .... :tup: :abq2: :abq1: :bolt: :bolt:

20. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    any info on Paul Oliver :icon_shrug:

21. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

:abq1::icon_banana::abq2:

That's awesome to hear about Flash. I really hope that he makes the team.

22. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Tribble appears to be a P S candidate from the comments. This is awesome news about Gordon. We will not be missing DFlo for an instant since Cason will probably come in and start as a rookie or nickel, with Gordon starting or as nickel. Oliver will make it as a dime, I presume. That gives us Oliver and Gregory as depth, with Tribble lurking in the back ground. If someone is there watching Robertson, I'd love to get a read on him along with Tony Paper and Lester. If Waters has emerged, then our linebacking will be even better with some superb depth. Jamal says he feels great. Rivers and LT will be back in time for camp. Even if gates has to ease his way back into the line up, Naanee is there and apparently ready. I'd like to know what kind of progress Chandler has shown.

23. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

It's a weird feeling coming into a season knowing that your secondary is going to be good. It's been awhile since we've been able to say that as Charger fans. This defense really started heating up at the end of last season, so hopefully they can carry the momentum on through this year, all the way to a Superbowl!

:icon_toast:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's very true. The secondary is usually my biggest concern each year. Not so this year. I think it will be a strength & make big contributions to the turnover & defensive scoring numbers. :tup:

25. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Damn...That No Camera Policy Is Bullshit.....I Was Kinda Hopin To See Some Pics....:tdown:

26. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    From the initial impressions, we have no weak spots at all. We even have depth and a variety of players that can adapt to any package that Cotrell wants to design. What seems to be part of this back four that was missing before is the willingness and ability to tackle. We have no one back there who won't stick there noses into someone's numbers.

27. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    The problem with Gordon is that he never translates his practice prowess to actuall on field gametime production. Unless he figures out a way to actually produce between 1 pm and 4:30 pm on Sundays between Septemeber and Feb. he will IMO not be here for long.

Stan :rivers17:

28. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Sounds like the brain thing with gordon. Just has to know what his area is and if someones coming into it go to the guy and stick like glue.

Cason was saying that his first day of practice he was kind of lost. Then he realilzed he was being too careful on doing the right thing. ONce he realized he should just do what he's been doing for years he said it was alot easier and he did better. First days at anything are hard anyway.

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Wasn't he out for the afternoon session?