1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Some pops from The Prez Interview with Chargers President Dean Spanos

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Feb 17, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Didn't see this (if its already been posted then somebody else can deal with it) :icon_tease:

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/some-pops-from.htm

Some key thoughts I thought were interesting

I know you were disappointed with the way it ended, but would you characterize last season as a success or is winning the world championship the only way to have a successful season?

“Ultimately our goal every year is to win the Super Bowl, but as I look back on this year, one of the greatest successes we had was playing in the AFC Championship Game. We overcame a lot of controversy and negativity. That to me would define success this year, short of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it.”

What were your thoughts when you heard people questioning LT for not continuing to play after he was hurt in the game?

“I think that was more emotion than anything. A lot of times what you see on TV isn’t exactly the way things really are. If you look back on LT’s career, he’s played seven seasons and never missed a game due to injury. I specifically go back to the 2005 season. We were eliminated from the playoffs going into our last game against the Broncos. LT had been battling sore ribs and really didn’t have much to play for that day, but he was on the field because he’s a competitor and wanted to be out there. "

Nothing new on free agency(maybe pick up one or two.

He was on the committee that brought the regular season game in the UK.

Says The Collective Bargaining Agreement is going to be a key issue during the owners meetings.

Bet spygate comes up to!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:bolt::bolt::bolt: