1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Something I noticed about Cutler last night

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Dec 29, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Every time he had a series end he walked back to the bench with his head down the coaches, staff, and/or players were going up to him patting him on the head or back. He did throw down his helmet down on one return to the bench.

I’m wondering just how fragile his ego is?

Between his Jeff George-esque “Next question” response to reporters to his child-like calling out of another quarterback for the way he carries himself to the way he screams at receivers that drop passes, I can’t help but think that he is headed for a major meltdown in the next season or two. Especially when he starts hearing, with more frequency, that he chokes in big games.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I feel for him :lol:

3. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    i was disgusted with his behaviour in that game, the guy is a moany b*tch and in no way leads that team by example

but as I said many times at the game last night, man F**K the broncos, let them keep Cuddles and keep losing:bolt:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It just kind of irks me how Cutler can continue to be so classless and yet Rivers continues to be painted as the selfish trash talking mouth off across the league.

I'm starting to care less and less every day though.

May as well embrace the hate. All that really matters is that Rivers continues to be the clutch QB that he is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Eh, Cutler was doing that in his first game versus San Diego back in 2006.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I don't get Cutler's demeanor. Shouldn't he be used to losing by now since he's never ever won in his life?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Hey....Isn't the word "Cutler" French for "Leaf" ???? :icon_rofl:

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I think we got a sample of why the media give Cutless a pass last night. The fact that he is dealing with diabetes seems to make him a class act.:unsure: We are all insensitive bast_tards for criticizing the guy…stay classy San Diego!:lol:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I believe the word you're looking for is prima donna. Then again dilettante will work nicely. But then again, using the KISS approach, prick would probably be best.

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    So, was it classy for me to throw sugar cubes at Cutler? :icon_rofl:

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    A great NFL defensive player (name escapes me) must have had Cutler in mind when he said "QBs are pampered. Let's just give them all pink tutus and be done with it." :lol:

[​IMG]

12. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Actually it means hammer

Forums WR : discussions dont le titre comprend le mot(s) "cutler".

Cutler=hammer But in Cuttles case it means hammer head.

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Jack Lambert ?

14. oneinchpunch

oneinchpunch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Just whoring...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/98033-is-jay-cutler-a-punk

Is Jay Cutler a Punk?

"I don't know, you tell me."

A phrase that can be heard at a Jay Cutler press conference.

In between rolling his eyes and giving curt responses, the phrase "I don't know, you tell me," is a point at which you know the press conference is about to end.

Not because all the questions have been asked. Or all the answers have been given.

Because the subject is unwilling to respond in a civilized manner.

Jay Cutler has been described as spoiled, smug, a guy with the personality of a doorstop.

But the one description that is sticking the most is, Jay Cutler is a punk.

In a radio interview with Kevin Acee, Matt Wilhelm touched on this when he said, "He is a punk, I'm just not a huge fan of his. He and Tony Gonzalez are the biggest crybabies in the league."

Where does Wilhelm's animosity stem from? Much of it can be traced back to Christmas Eve 2007.

The Chargers were facing the Broncos and the Chargers were about to defeat a Cutler-led Broncos team for the fourth straight time. Both teams were doing a lot of talking. But Cutler decided to take it one step further.

What did Cutler say?

"If I could, I would say them," Wilhelm said. "But they're unfit for ... radio. They're something that probably only happens on the football field or when you're extremely, extremely angry at someone."

Yet Philip Rivers is widely thought responsible for the "trash talking." Why is this?

Partially this comes from Cutler's comments in regards to Philip Rivers. Cutler said, "I’m just not that big of a fan of the guy.” Cutler continued, “I don’t like how he carries himself. I don’t like some of the stuff he does on the field.”

But the main reason for this perception is the cameras only captured Philip Rivers responding to Jay Cutler during that Christmas Eve game. Rivers can be seen saying "atta baby" as well as "the ball is over there" in Cutler's direction.

As Eric Allen pointed out on Colin Cowherd's radio program, what the audience saw at home doesn't tell the whole story.

"What people don't realize is there is lots of stuff going on on a football field," Allen said.

"People don't know, when I'm looking at film I see some things that happen after the play because I'm looking at the film, the team's copy. I'm not gonna say what part of the anatomy that Denver's quarterback was grabbing. But he was making some gestures that uh, weren't PG TV."

Allen continued, "One of the things that Philip Rivers is is he's one of the guys. And when you have quarterbacks like that they're OK to stand by the defense. It's like "Hey, you know what, this is my football team if you are gonna talk I'm gonna give it right back to ya." And that's how he's been and that how he'll continue to be."

One part of that Eric Allen interview stands out. The term "one of the guys."

Something Jay Cutler might know little about.

Not with cameras catching him bad-mouthing his wide receivers on the field (hopefully the kids at home can't read lips).

Bad mouthing his defense in the press.

Calling out his star wide receiver in the offseason.

All the while displaying a healthy dose of arrogance.

The same arrogance that led him to proclaim that there was no team with a better chance to reach the Super Bowl than the Broncos.

The same arrogance that lead him tell The Sporting News' Steve Greenberg, "I have a stronger arm than John, hands down. I'll bet on it against anybody's in the league. Brett Favre's got a cannon. But on game days, there's nobody in the league who's going to throw it harder than I am at all."

That's the type of thinking that displays why he is second in the NFL in interceptions. As Peter King commented, "sometimes he forces balls into coverage that are just plain bad decisions. Check out his second-quarter throw with three Panthers around his receiver. Pick."

So, while critics question Cutler's leadership skills, and others question his on-field decisions and demeanor, I think a good place to look is at his comments to the media and his post-game press conferences.

Between eye rolls and one-word answers you have a press conferences where, after a total collapse to the Chargers, you can hear such unoriginal statements as, "We really can’t stop anybody." Or, "We stopped ourselves. They didn't stop us once today."

A press conference where he was asked about the Chargers chances and replied with, “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good."

A press conference where once again he refuses to be gracious in defeat.

Where once again he can't help but throw teammates under the bus.

Where once again he belittles his opponents.

It begs the question, is Jay Cutler a punk?

I don't know, you tell me.

• Like Like x 7
  15. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Great article, and yeah he's a punk.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    OIP comes to BoltTalk!

17. oneinchpunch

oneinchpunch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Whadyya mean?

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Rivers is rubber and Cutler is glue.:lol:

19. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
  20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Insulin syringes maybe .. sugar cubes .... nah....:lol:

21. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's the one! :yes:

22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

ya should of thrown Snickers Bars

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It took you all that time to make 2 posts?!

24. oneinchpunch

oneinchpunch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Efficiency.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Well welcome back to more regular posting, we hope

26. oneinchpunch

oneinchpunch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    sup eaterfan. Good to see you still out there.

I'll be in and out. I just lurk here now and again for the most part.

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    POAST MOAR

28. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    and EAT MOR CHIKIN

29. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Finally a story that paints the true picture of Cutnler. :tup:

30. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    At risk of sounding like an apologist... this is the same criticism that everybody had of Eli (myself included) up to and including last year, when he won a Superbowl.

I love(d) clowning these guys for their less-than-enthusiastic demeanor. But Eli demonstrates essentially the same lame attitude and lack of "fire," and is still the reining Superbowl champion.