1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes "Chargers fans" really, really suck

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I know there's already a few threads about LT, his injury, and him sitting on the bench, but hear me out.

This is not directed at anyone on this forum in any way, I know most of you guys and gals, and we're all hardcore Chargers fans. This is for the narrow minded fools who jump on and off the bandwagon at will, the ones crying about "Why wasn't LT holding pom poms on the sidelines?", the ones saying "Why didn't Norv put Volek in?", the ones saying "How come the playcalling in the red zone was bad?"

Seriously, those people need to get the fuk over themselves. We just went toe to toe with perhaps the greatest team this league has ever witnessed and we had a shot to win the game. Without LT. Gates and his fuked up toe. Jamal injured. And we STILL hung in there.

Philip on 1 leg w/ no ACL. Unreal. And people are *****ing today. Yeah, it hurts to get so close and came away empty handed, but damn, I hear some of these IDIOTS calling into the radio and/or posting on message boards (not necessarily this one) and it sounds like we just finished the season 1-15 again. This fuking fanbase needs to check itself real quick. We haven't won anything. We have no titles. Without that there is NO RESPECT. Deal with it.

We've got ALOT to look forward to. We are on the verge. I know that's been a recurring theme with this team, but HONESTLY, ask yourself, other than the Patriots (and healthy we have an excellect shot at the win yesterday), who's better than us?

We are there. Our time is now. Do not lose faith.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I feel much better this year than I did last year. We got to the AFC Championship game, and we got screwed over by injuries in the playoffs to the three most important players on our offense, not much you can do about that.....

I'm more pissed that I lost upwards of 800k on the damn Vbookie.

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It's hard to explain these things to a town full of fans who only get excited when the team is actually playing for a championship.

Besides, there is some merit to it, since it doesn't matter who is better. It only matter who wins. We've now whittled away opportunities to take the brass ring in two straight playoffs. And a lot of us remember from the Air Coryell and the Bobby Ross days how quicly a franchise can go from being a legit contender to an also-ran to out-of-the-playoffs.

I think people would be a lot more patient if they had faith that the franchise is going to be in the playoffs 8 of the next 10 years. But people remember loooooong playoff droughts and I think they see the Chargers as a team that's good for 2-4 years at a time between ten-year periods of futility.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I was one of those who said LT should've been a bit more supportive on the sidelines there but I'm not thinking we're toast or we'll never make it back or (godforbid) we should trade LT. Its a criticism of LT that he didn't appear to be talking with his teammates or supporting them.

5. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    This was a great season i mean we made it to the AFC championship game WOOT! It sucked last year what happen to us and the year before that, but i never doubted our team. So this was a year i can look back on and say that was a great year, we showed that we are in it to win it.! We almost beat the Patriots with injuried QB on 1 leg, A Hurt RB and one of our best recievers . Also Jamal was hurt too, So you have to give our team props on effort and kicking booty. Next year i have high hopes for this is going to be fun watching the draft and practice camps. I don't want anybody saying we didn't put are best foot forward or do our best.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    QFT.

There are things you can nitpick about yesterday's game. But we went toe-to-toe with the Pats. We made Brady look like a ****** QB. And we played the pats tough with our three biggest offensive playmakers injured or signficantly hobbled.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Even the more intelligent Pats fans realize that a fully healthy Chargers team in the postseason has a very, very, good chance at beating the Pats. Hell, the Bolts came close with 4 of their major starters hobbled with lower leg/foot injuries and two more that were still recouperating from theirs even though they played. Not to mention several more on IR because of theirs.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    WORD. Nice post RTL. You know what's up. BTW, we need to find an adequate replacement for Jamal big time. Dude is just getting banged up too much. Love big Jamal to death but he's just getting hurt too much because of his aggressive style of play. AJ has a plan I bet.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup:

this is what I'm feeling. someone wants to tell me I suck as a fan then so be it. I want to feel the ultimate high of a Lombardi shirt and hat on my dresser

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Excellent post RTL. This ought to be a fat boy draft. With a RB thrown in.

11. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    :yes:

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Other than losing all of 4.5 million on vbookie (thanks to a special someone for hooking me up with some boltcash) I'm happy with our Chargers. We are a few injuries away from the Super Bowl.

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Yeah, vBookie cleaned up. No more monopoly money for Bolt Talk.

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree. The Bolts intercepted Brady three times; Brady only had eight interceptions in the last 17 games. Our "D" is something to be proud of. I think the Chargers and their real fans matured this year. It was an ugly start, but they persevered and had a very good season. Can't wait for next year!

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    if we were healthy we would be all talking about where to meet up to tailgate on feb 3rd

16. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

That's what allowed the Colts to beat the Pats last year's AFCCG. They were fully healthy on offense and defense.

17. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep it just wasnt our year, between the injuries and the Pats perfect season, we will be back even harder next year:bolt:

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We move deeper this year than last year. Our time is this coming season. Rivers and LT ought to be healthy. Our guys have another maturing season under their belts and a coach staff that has melded with the roster. I look forward to next season even as we speak and the Colt's and the Patsies are nervously looking over their shoulders.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Just think, 1 year ago we were watching our coaching staff flee as the natives were dancing 'round the fire and chanting for Marty's head.

Other than a few new faces and a few others leaving, the team that took the field yesterday will be the one out there first thing this September and that is incredibly encouraging.

20. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    The San Diego Chargers are going to be a truly feared and respected team come this summer!

21. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

I think one factor here is Jamal's age, coupled with the fact that he needs to drop 20 or 30 lbs so he's not taxing his lower joints so much...if he were to drop a few lbs, he might extend his career a couple years.
    Yeah, today there were allot of idiots calling all the national talk shows saying LT was afraid to face the Pat's, or LT was no heart, or why wasn't LT working the bench...all fools who don't get it...I think most were just Charger haters anyway...or rookies who don't understand the game, or LT's mindset...I'm sure he was very bummed about not being able to help...SCREW THEM ALL
    If our four pro-bowlers were healthy, I have very little doubt the outcome of this game is reversed.

22. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    There is no one better for next year. We are definitly the front runner for the SB next year, and were considered the front runner this year by ALOT of media people even after Norv got hired.

NFL history shows when a team makes the Championship and loses, they return the following year to the SB in alot of cases. We are a better all around team than the 14-2 '06 team, or the 12-4 '04 team. Our time is definitely now:flag:

23. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

We will be better, mentally stronger, and more experienced in '08.

Watch out NFL:yes:

24. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    It's KC's turn for natives dancing 'round the fire. Go on ChiefsPlanet sometime. Those dudes are calling for the firing of GM Carl Peterson, and the canning of Herm Edwards. They even want Marty back. :icon_eek:

25. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I definitely see SD winning 2 SB's over the next 4-5 seasons. :tup:

26. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Here's one way to look at it. Since the divisional round last year, the Pats have played 20 games, 3 against the Bolts and 17 against the rest of the NFL.

In the 3 games against the Bolts, Brady has thrown 7 INTs.

In the other 17 games, Brady has thrown 8 INTs.

27. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I hope everyone is right.

I hope we stay the course and improve our depth, ala NE.

But you never know in this crazy business.

:icon_shrug::icon_shrug::icon_shrug:

28. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Brady also had a multiple INT game in our 2005 victory in Foxboro.

In the 3 straight losses the Colts have versus the Chargers now, Peyton has thrown multiple INT in each game.

The Chargers match up pretty well versus the Pats and Colts.

Yet somehow, according to the national mediots, Tom and Peyton just magically decide to have off-days whenever they play the Bolts. :unsure:

29. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

they have the zebras in their pocket. when they don't perform it makes Tom/Payton look bad!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

30. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    There, fixed it for you. :tup: