1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry L.T., but Brees is MVP

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rexy2006, Dec 12, 2006.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Sorry LT, but Brees is MVP

John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 2 hours ago

Nothing against LaDainian Tomlinson, but Saints quarterback Drew Brees has my MVP vote.:tdown:

BlogJam ...
    Our NFL Czar isn't jumping on the L.T. for MVP bandwagon. He's too busy leading the Drew Brees campaign at the moment. But that's him, we want to hear your pick. Here's your chance to voice your opinion.:tup:
    [​IMG]Also...
    L.T. playing like 'Hall of Famer'

San Diego's Tomlinson can improve on his NFL record 29 touchdowns — hell, he can hit 35 for all I care — but Brees has simply done more for the New Orleans Saints. My best argument is that the Saints would not be in the playoffs without him. I also contend that the San Diego Chargers might not be 11-2 without Tomlinson, but they would still have a winning record with Michael Turner (who's averaging more than six yards a carry) running the show.
    Fans of the Chargers may think I'm nuts:yes: , but Marty Schottenheimer's team has proven that it has the best talent in the NFL right now. Yes, A.J. Smith, San Diego's general manager, should take a bow. Smith has done a marvelous job, starting with quarterback Phillip Rivers. He's no Eli Manning — as Giants GM Ernie Accorsi would probably say — but Rivers is a fine, young quarterback with a bright future.
    But back to Brees.
    When I witnessed the Saints in the preseason, they looked like a 4-12 team to me. First-year head coach Sean Payton had a revolving door in the locker room. To date, they have 34 new players from a year ago and all three starting linebackers were employed elsewhere last season.
    Brees arrived with the big contract, every positive intangible known to quarterbacks and a highly questionable throwing shoulder. But his shoulder looks better than ever and he has raised the level of this vagabond outfit to spectacular heights.
    The little guy is not only playing great quarterback but he's directing Payton's offensive designs — Payton totally hoodwinked the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night with blocking fullback Mike Karney — and he's making previously unknown receivers look like a bunch of Jerry Rices.
    When the season started, the only Saints receiver known to fantasy guys was Joe Horn and all he's done is miss three games and have five games where he's had three or fewer catches, hardly the go-to guy he used to be. I mean, did you see Jamal Jones's great touchdown catch against Cowboys Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams? Jamal Jones?

You remove Brees from the Saints' roster this season and they are 4-9 or worse. To me, that's the true definition of most valuable player, someone who is so valuable that he makes his teammates and the entire team so much better.
    Brees has been that man.
    Everyone wants Tomlinson because of his touchdown record and he is very special, obviously the best runner of his generation:yes: . But Brees has numbers, too. He has had eight 300-yard passing games and his 4,033 yards is already a franchise record. He's also got a legitimate shot at Dan Marino's single-season record of 5,084 yards and has thrown for 25 touchdowns.
    The entire New Orleans story is one of rebirth. This great American city may never recover, but the Saints' franchise has thanks to Brees. On Sunday night, Brees torched the Dallas Cowboys who were being billed as maybe the best team in the NFC.
    Just goes to show you how wrong the so-called experts can be.:icon_shrug:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Drew is playing lights out football. Leading the league in most passing catagories. He is doing it on a team that no one expected much from.

There is a feel good side to the Drew Brees story. The New Orleans fans have been through so much, I think that will weight into any voting.

That said, LT has had a season where he is demolishing several records. Some that have stood for decades. Both are EXTREEMLY important to their team, but LT is breaking the record books and that alone should make him the hands down MVP.

At least that is my opinionation...

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Drew is worthy of the award. I would not be sad to see either one of them get it.

I am very happy that Drew is happy and successful in his new home.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Drew will probabaly get it. And it will be the Katrina card that puts him over the top.

Where as LT is helping the City of San Diego feel good.

The Saints winning helps out that entire region.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I heard Peter King and Len Pastabelly say that Brees gets their vote today on ESPN Radio.

It will blow me away if LT scores 35 TDs and gets shafted. Drew isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before. LT is rewriting history. It's complete BS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Phuq''em all if they vote for Drew over LT.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes, you are probably correct...

8. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yea this is crazy. brees is being mentioned bc every1 else in the nfc sucks. u shouldnt get a mvp by default. plus its not like mccalister, bush, horn, henderson, and colston are anything to laugh at. unless brees breaks marinos record (which is unlikely) then LT should win unanimously.

9. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Sad but true. Plus NO has the Katrina card. Looks like NO would have to tank for LT to get what he deserves, the NFL MVP.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It would be a cool story if LT and Brees got co MVP status...

But LT is the REAL MVP!

:bolt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :lt: :bolt:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Grade A, top shelf, #1 BULLSHIT if LT gets the shaft. Brees is playing great, but IMO, he's doing it against INFERIOR competition.

Put the Saints in the AFC and see if they are 9-4, hell no. 7-6 at best.

LT is DOMINATING in way the league has NEVER SEEN BEFORE. He is about to become the leagues MOST PROLIFIC SCORING MACHINE in ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!! Brees MUST break Marino's record to have a shot at the MVP.

I will be BEYOND pissed if LT gets hosed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If Drew Brees is the phuqing shiat, then why can't he seem to have a winning record versus the AFC now that he's in the NFC?

As their QB, he's been unable to lead the Saints to victory over 3 out of 4 AFC opponents. Even worse, he's lost to them AT HOME in the Superdome!

That's not an MVP to me!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    The Saints are 3-4 in games that he went over 300 yards. Maybe if he didnt throw 3 INT's in the RZ in one of them, they wouldnt have lost.

I dont know. Drew is having a great year but he hasnt done anything except break a franchise record for yards that had no great QB's in its history....and that includes Archie Manning.

LT is smashing NFL records

14. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    If u put Turner in place of LT, how many games do the chargers win?

I would be happy if either won. i love LT and its amazing what he does...:yes:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fuc Drew Brees. Even his momma hates him and he has attorneys badgering her asss to not use his name in any of her campaigns (Mina Brees for Judge or some ****).

Drew can go to HELL. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    to be honest. If both keep doing as well as they are. THey should both be co-mvp's. Being best friends I think they'd get a big kick out of that.:yes:

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Still feelin angst over Drew not accepting your sick advances... C'mon man, let it go. Go back to stalking leisure, you will eventually forget the spurning Drew gave you...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    We would score about 30 to 50% less, based on the lack of versatility of the Burner.

Then again, put Turner in the fire and he may just light it up.

Dude is a fire plug.

LT based on the facts. He is breaking records like they are Denver tackles.:icon_rofl:

19. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :bolt: :lt: MVP !!! :lt: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Watch.

Drew's arm will decapitate and you will see staples, rivets and rubber bands, used by Old Doc Andrews before he had his stroke and fillet'd Drew like a fish, flying all over midfield. :yes:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sounds more like your predictions of nuked shoulders. How close was you medical diagnosis on that?

Have you been reading chicken entrails again. I told you, you have them upside down.:lol:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You are going to see a hubcap fly out Drew's *** and Drew will claim it was the supplements.

Watch.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Stop killin the chickens... While your at it, stop chockin the chicken!:icon_banana:

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    seriously, if they both keep up the good play they're doing I'd guess they'd love being co-mvp's. Their wives are best friends as well if I remember.:icon_toast:

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The only thing that I am going to say is this.

What would LT want?

The MVP

OR

The Super Bowl Champions.

:icon_toast:

Be like LT.