1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Source: Phillips will call defensive plays for Cowboys

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Interesting to see if the problems are with play calling or underachieving players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3657314&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Already working his way out of town. Only a matter of time before T.O. puts the final nail in Wade's coffin.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The sooner the better, so he can take over from Norv, which'd satisfy alla y'all Norv haters. :rolleyes2:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i just want cottrell gone ASAP

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Do you still want Norv as the HC?

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ditto.

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah, I'd much rather have some other coach that's been fired from another HC job :rolleyes2:

You fuq'in A Twitty I still want Norv as the HC.

9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I say the only way we should consider keeping Norv, is if he is forced to watch replays of Hochuli's officiating blunder at the start of each week. It seems to be the only thing that's ever lit a fire under his arse:icon_shrug: Seriously though, this team seems to need a coach with some fire. Maybe Indy can excel with a nice guy but this team seems to need a kick in the butt.

I understand the logic of not giving in to knee jerk decisions, allowing coaches to stay long enough for things to grow, and continuity to thrive. A case in point, the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cowboys and Patsies seem to get all the credit for having model organizations but give my vote to the Steelers. Chuck Noll hired in 1969, Bill Cowher followed for over a dozen years and now Mike Tomlin looks like another fine head coach. Hell even one of their other finalists after Cowher left, Ken Whisenhunt, looks to be a good head coach. That's 3 head coaches since 1969 and a level of consistant, competative football for the ENTIRE duration!! The secret is making the right hire in the first place, the organization being committed to winning and then leaving the main pieces in place.

BFISA, I know you're Norv's pimp and all but I really don't know if he was anything more than damage control in a quest for continuity after Marty and all those assistants left. How many coaches (head or assistant) on other teams would you truly rather have? I don't have anywhere near enough time to make my own list, this morning.