1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Jackson not on trade block

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5355696

All I can hope is that AJ either thinks VJ will cave in or he is saying this to retain the trade value. If they expect him to seriously hold out most of the year, not trading him would be a very stupid move. If he isn't going to be a Charger on day one, he needs to be traded. Get something for him now rather than nothing at the end of the year

2. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    As far as people not saying what they *really* mean, this is as meaningless as all the pre-draft non-information we're annually deluged with.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Either its total misinformation or AJ somehow thinks he can make things work with VJ

Tis time to part with jackson

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If Vincent Jackson remains a Charger but still holds out I guarantee it's simply because AJ couldn't find a trade partner.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill will play for the Chargers this year... :yes:

Put that in your Schizophrenia heads... :lol:

Where's Trumpy for backup... :icon_party:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Arguing with the voices in his head .... :lol:

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I hope so because if it isn't, and we are just sitting in him to prove a point, that would be a very bad decision

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    If he holds out and isn't traded it will not be because of lack of trade partners. There are teams that are not afraid to improve their team and take a gamble, Baltimore and Miami are good examples. If he isn't traded, it is because AJ's either is asking for way too much (Anything more than what Brandon Marshall got the Donkey's is too much), or he is trying to prove a point and letting his ego get in the way of making th team better

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Dude argues with the voices in OTHER people's heads. :icon_huh:

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    VJ trade talks won't heat up until the 4th week of the season, 3 weeks before the trading deadline.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Any smart team would want him now so he is in camp learning the play book. This isn't baseball, very rarely (I am not saying never) do mid-season trades make a difference because it takes time for players, especially receivers to get their timing down with the QB and to learn the playbook

12. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    when you start hearing talk that VJ won't get traded it's time to figure that AJ WILL TRADE HIM... and soon.

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Another Acee trade report going down the crapshoot...

He must just be getting tired of playing with his AJ Smith action figure in his hotel room.

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Cover your ears. Avert your eyes. Believe none of what you hear and only some of what you see...

AJ is playing poker...

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is probably more of a case of Acee doing the bidding of his puppet master and writing a false story to spear the info AJ wants put out to the public

16. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    We should use the title of...."It's only (Insert Month,Here)" or "It's the offseason" for any new threads. At least until something real happens! :icon_rofl:

:icon_tease:

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    So you are saying this site should just go dead for the next month because nothing is happening? I am sure the owners of the site are glad that no one listens to you

18. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Hey,*******!

See this smilie? :icon_tease:
    That's called tease!

Try reading my sig. while your at it.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    My bad. I have seen more than a few people whine when they see threads like this and just assume your post was another along those lines. My bad

20. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I still believe that how the Chargers do to begin the season may have a direct effect on the length of these holdouts, and the bitterness of the negotiations.

If we start out 4 or 5 & 0, then our malcontents could start itching to get back on the field, if only to improve their own financial prospects going forward but if we start out 2-3 or worse, it would only embolden them because it would lead them to believe that we just cannot win without their services.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Looking at the schedule, we should win at least 4-5 of the 1st 6 even if Rivers was out.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Right. It has to be that AJ's asking too much.

The possibility that possible trade partners are offering too little is not likely.

23. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    @KC- W
    JAX- W
    @SEA- W
    ARI- W
    @OAK- W Tough, but we're definitly still the better team even without VJack and McNeil.
    @STL- W

6-0, 5-1 at worst.

24. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Hey DenverBolt, how do you usually fair in Poker? Just teasin' btw.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The likelihood of a team not wanting him for a similar deal to what Marshall was traded for, is slim. The likelihood of AJ telling everyone he wants something ridiculous, like he did with Turner and Brees when they were on the last year of their contract, is much more likely

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Actually, pretty good, at least in person. I suck online :wave:

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Totally agree. The league did us a lot of favor with how the 1st 6 games are scheduled

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    How can you possibly pretend to know what AJ was asking for with Brees and Turner?

I imagine it was high with Brees, but he was also in the driver's seat there and in reality shouldn't have traded Drew during the timeframe he had that choice anyways.

Regarding Turner, I bet you're going to remind me that he signed him to a tender then I'm going to be forced to remind you that teams can come up with an agreement that's less than what the RFA tender demands. See: Matt Cassel.

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Because he publicly said in both cases that the 2 players would cost two 1st round pick, and nothing less would be accepted.

Brees should have been traded prior to his final year. His replacement was already in place, and letting him play the final year of his contract got us nothing in return (By the way, I was calling for him to be traded then, it isn't a hindsight thing).

Team could have offered less, but when AJ made it publicly known that nothing less than two 1st round picks would be accepted, it is pointless to offer less

30. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    This seems to go along with AJ's MO.

We'll keep him, he'll sit out, and then he'll play his small season, for a tiny salary.

When the season ends, assuming a new CBA has been signed, we'll franchise McNeill(assuming a contract hasn't been done already) and let Merriman and VJ go make HUGE dollars elsewhere.