1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Spanos: It's ridiculous to think Turner won't be back in 2009

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RaptorKC, Nov 19, 2008.

1. RaptorKC

RaptorKC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/

:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We'll see what they'll say if we don't make the playoffs.

If that happens and they keep their word, we'll see what they say when they go from a season ticket waiting list to season ticket cancellations... resulting to empty seats.

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Besides, their office is probably filled to the ceiling with bricks and hate mail.

This article might get fans to back off.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    This surprises me...seriously.

I'm not completely on the get rid of Norv wagon yet. I want to see what get's done Sunday.

But for Spanos and AJ to COMPLETELY dismiss the thought that Norv MIGHT be the problem is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    here is my Email........

I just read where Norv Turner is going to return as the head coach next year.

If that is true, do not send me a Season Ticket renewal notice, I'll wipe my rear end with it, and mail it back to you!

He is an absolute farce as a head coach!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I still say we approach the storeage company across the street from Charger's park and see if we can put up a banner on their fence that reads something like "AJ: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???" In this economy, they just might be open to renting their fence for messages.

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

How about

NORV......

GOT TRUCKS?

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It doesn't mean a whole lot but does two things
    1. Secures Turner's job, gives him some confidence and makes sure he coaches as he wishes to
    2. Prevents the players from treating Turner like a lame duck and taking off (or more then they have) the rest of teh season. The spotlight is on alot of them and they now have to show they they should remain chargers

But as well all know this doesn't mean jack come the end of the season and if we finish under .500 and miss the playoffs then Norv could be toast

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly!!!
    You're not going to hear anything different from this article unless they were going to fire Norv now.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Weren't we also assured that there would be no mid-season firings... immediately before Cotrell was let go? :icon_shrug:

Don't believe anything that the people in charge ever say to the media.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree with ant, what are they supposed to say "if he doesn't win he's out"?, no, they'll say he's safe BUT if they don't win he's out no matter what they say

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Let's hope so...... If he is not the answer then fingers crossed we get a good un.

Interesting that Acee is now thinking AJ might be the problem and that the players think they are better than they are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they could very well be thinking 'if he doesn't win, he's out' and so could the players. But by saying this the focus is more on the players then the coaches. Its obvious Norv will come up for an inquiry come the end of the season and he'll take some blame without question. Firing is still up in the air. But now AJ and Spanos are focusing on the players' performance and its become apparent its put up or shut up time for a whole lot of players

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Public statement professing confidence in HC = Kiss of death

They said the same **** about Ted 2 weeks before he found himself on the breadline.

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    There is plenty of blame to go around on this season. Owner, GM, HC and assistant's and last but not least the PLAYERS.

We went into this season with 7-8 starter still rehabbing or suspended. Then, we endured more injuries in the first game, LT toe, Cro hip and Gates with a hip and who knows who else.

So 10 out of 22 starters dinged up and trying to win a division, you got to be kidding me. I knew from the start this would be a long and arduouse season at best with lot's of dissappointment. If y'all thought we were going to the Super Bowl, you over hyped yourself. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Spanos said that we weren't going to get rid of any coaches earlier in the year too, and we ended up firing Coattails. If we don't make the playoffs, Turner has to be fired. If Spanos and Co. don't, then I'd be very surprised.

19. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Spanos needs to get his *** in line. Doesn't he realize that AJ makes all the coaching hiring and firing decisions?

I recommend that he comes to this forum to get his information rather making up these wild claims that he has something to do with Norv Turners tenure here.

Fire AJ!!!! Demote Dean Spanos to General Manager!!!

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Some of these posts are classic. What do you think Dean was going to come out and say?

There are many reasons besides the coaching that this team has not done well, but it is useless to talk about them. The "It's all on Norv" crowd made up their minds the day he was hired.

Nothing is going to happen until the end of the season and all of the *****ing, moaning and crying about it will not change things.

I was not doing backflips when Norv was hired, but I was willing to give him a chance. Last season ended in disappointment, but it was a fuk of a lot better then the previous 3 where we went 1 and done twice and missed them in between. Lots of crap has gone wrong this season, so I am still willing to give Norv a shot at this thing. I think Rivera will make this D better and he will fill that intensity void the was left on the D when Merriman went out.

• Like Like x 2
  21. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Bingo!!!!!!!! and I am not talking about your dog in_a_days.

22. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Yep :tup:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

None of us have any control over what happens with the Chargers in any way, shape, or form. :rolleyes:

Talking about them isn't going to change things. So mind as well just shut the whole forum down. Contact all other Chargers forums and tell them there is absolutely no reason for anybody to talk about the Chargers since we have no control over what they do. So they need to shut down!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    There is a difference between discussing things and 101 posts of "Its all on Norv".

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Ted's bread line is catered. It comes to him. I imagine he has a few bucks to spare.

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    My sentiments exactly. I figure Norval has one more season. So far the whole squad looks to be back and healthy for the next training camp and with Rivera getting the defense firmly in hand, there is no reason to fire Norval prematurely, unless things fall apart and he loses the team. The statements by Dean and AJ were made to made that less likely. It would appear likewise to me as it does to others that they are putting the players on notice-some of their butts are on the line as well. It will be nice if AJ wakes up and gets us some more fat boys as well. That will help Norval a lot.

27. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    What about snow?

28. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Wow.

I guess we can look forward to another slow start in 2009 as well.

That's great. :unsure:

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Too hot today for snow.

30. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yah cause SD fans are such bangwagon hoppers that it would probably happen, meanwhile in KC they have won like 1 game out of 20 and havent done much in a while and are sold out every game, those are real fans