1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Spare the AJ is gawd speak

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, Apr 28, 2007.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    This draft is pure bullshit! Why the hell did we just throw away picks for absolutely no reason??? We could have easily taken Weddle in the first and then Davis with our late second?

I just don't understand why waste picks when there's so much late talent in this draft??? why not keep them and bring in three WRs to fight it out, we could still have jason hill, david clownly, aundrae allison, mike walker, yamon figurs, and late round safeties like michael johnson, rouse, anyone, What the hell!!!

2. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    oh and johnie lee-higgins is still available. If we don't give up an extra third for no reason we can bring in any of these guys risk free to challenge Davis or weddle, which i think all of them could

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Relax .. Breath ..

4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Actually we will never know but the odds are that Davis would have been selected by Indianapolis at 32. Peyton knows Davis as Davis attended Peyton's camp and he fits the SE that Indy is lacking with Stokley gone.

5. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    so you pick davis to keep him away from indy??? who cares about indy, or davis?

See all these recievers that just went in the third? I think all of them are comparable to Davis, except a few are faster- Yamon Figurs, Laurent Robinson, Jason Hill,Jacoby Jones

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    AJ IS GOD AND YOU SHALL BURN IN THE FIERY PIT OF HADES FOR THIS BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    ya, i know all you guys are real funny and clever and i guess it makes the hurt a little less, but it doesn't take away from the stupidity of this draft

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Don't worry man we are draft experts here we spend 5000 hours a year reading articles and gambling on college football and we can safely say that AJ is doing a great job to get us the pieces needed for multiple super bowl runs over the next 5 years.

9. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    How do you figure? wouldn't you say that playing the odds is the best way to fill the pieces? There is no guarantee that Davis or Weddle can play pro football so why not save your picks to pick up a few more players of the same position to battle it out?

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Why is it stupid? We addressed 2 of our most important needs w/ our 1st 2 picks.

So far AJ has proven himself to be quite able and competent when it comes to drafting players, so I have no reason to doubt his choices now. I can only wait and see how these guys turn out.

Who would you have picked Mr. Armchair GM?

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Preach on, Brother !!!

[​IMG]

12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Jason Hill is fast, there is a guy faster. However they have bad hands, cant get break away etc.

Craig Davis was one of the fastest, had one of the best hands, was the best available at punt return, and had good breakage.

The reason why we dont just have 4-5 players fight for it is the same reason you dont trade your #1 for 10 5th and 4th round picks. You look for people who are key, not just draft people and see who is best. This is not some gladitor strongest survive.

13. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    If he was obsessed with Weddle you take him with your first rounder and then use two of your next picks on WRs and see which pans...

I think two of these= better than craig davis...

available would have been Paul Williams, Mike Walker (who AJ was supposedly in love with), Jacoby Jones, Laurent Robinson, Yamon Figurs (much better return prospect than Davis), and Jason Hill who i'd take straight up over davis, especially if your going off of production, which is incomparable

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    AMEN !!!

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    What Buster Davis does that none of those guys do is that he can force teams to gameplan around him. He makes people worry about him and he is extremely shifty and probably has the quickest burst off the LOS of all the legitimate receivers in this draft. He is just a stud, AJ strikes gold yet again :abq2:

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Being fast doesn't mean a thing if you catch, like some of the guys you mentioned.

Jason Hill is the only other WR I really liked, but we weren't drafting extra receivers.

I don't get the complaining we had like 8 picks or something like that we still have 6, Comp 3rd, 4th, Comp 5th and our 7 is still left. That's plenty of picks.

18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Davis has the one physical attribute that's absolutely irreplaceable in a wide receiver--great hands. Receivers with great hands don't always have to be the biggest or fastest guy on the field. But Davis also has pretty good size and excellent speed.

Just like last year, I will trust AJ on this. I'm trying to figure out if it's arrogance or ignorance that causes Chargers fans to protest the Davis pick. I can handle people being surprised and even disappointed that we didn't draft a guy they like--but when people start acting like AJ drafted an instant-bust... that's both ignorant and arrogant.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Word.

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You might be right and AJ and the NIX totally screwed the pooch but not today.

Let's cut GAWD and his henchmen some slack...(not much because these fuggers need to perform or else).

I did not dig the first pick but the second pick gave me wood. :yes: A player who can man Corner, SS and FS is Billy Big balls in my book versus some a-hole who wants to play corner because of all silly things ..... it pays better. :lol: Plus I think the dude kicked a few punts as well or some crazy **** I read elsewhere.

I want a VET WR to start the season. A.J. needs to **** one out to make things exciting in Boltland or the natives (reads my *** and probably a few others who do not know better) :lol: will get restless and may resort to fuggin' jeehads to get attentions. :icon_eek:

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I bet you do [​IMG]

22. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I've heard a couple different scouting-sites refer to Weddle as the Lofa Tutupu of DB's. He's fast, but his instincts are so good it makes him seem like he's everywhere.

23. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I take it you are an Eric Weddle fan... :)

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You know, last year I thought the same thing.

Cromartie didnt play much in college and we took him. We got some jackass that had back problems, etc...

I had to eat every single word. Before the first game I was a HUGE Cro fan, when at the draft I was rippin him and AJ to shreds.

AJ knows what he is doing. Trust in AJ, he has earned it. Except for when we are talking coaches!:lol:

25. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Every year there are anonymous yokels who crawl out of their parents' basements to challenge our faith in the Almighty. But I will not fall for your tricks of such slithery blasphemers.

AJ filled two huge needs with the first two picks and drafted another sleeper LB from Clemson with his third. I have no complaints.

26. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86

lets remember they study players for a living and u type on a message board of who u think is good lol

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He still is entitled to his opinion. He helps pay for them to scout with every jersey he buys, and every game he goes to.

Without the fans the Chargers are nothing.

28. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    This thread is pretty useless.

You're trying to talk down the work of a scouting team who built a Superbowl contender through the draft and you're basing it on your own little crystal ball. AJ has a track record that most GM's wish they could have for just one draft. Let these players hit the field, and then judge. The draft is an art not a science... but one thing's for sure, quality over quantity. Your reasoning sucks. I'll take a player under my scouting team's radar, over a handful hoping one of them pans out. Besides, you can't draft too many receivers, otherwise you're essentially wasting picks. VJ, Parker, Floyd, Osgood, Camarillo, Davis. One of these guys is going to have to go (most likely Camarillo) and you wanted 2 to 3 guys battling it out ? GET REAL.

• Like Like x 2
  29. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Every team has a war room full of scouts and various professionals, yet that doesn't stop some from making bonehead moves and/or having a bad draft. Using your logic there would be no need to EVER comment on ANY GM or coach's decisions because they do it "for a living".