1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Specter's interest in Spygate doesn't pass smell test

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Big Bolts, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Philly was supposed to be the first large city in the nation to provide FREE wireless internet access to ANYONE who wanted it. That plan was progressing until Comcast threatened to move their company hq out of Philly. Next thing you know, the free wireless plan was squashed and then Comcast announced they would be staying in Philly and in a new office building as well.

Wonder if Specter had any involvement in that as well.
  2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Nov 30, 2006

It makes sense if you look it as black mail. Spector says, I'll drop all this bs if you renegiogate Sunday Ticket and your NFL Network fees with Comcast. (See Karl Rove stepping down, in order for the Valeria Plame case to disapear).

Comcast only wants the NFL to be profitable if it can make money off of it, if it can't then it has no interest in it failing or suceeding.

It's seems a little far-fetched to me. Because spector has become too visible in his cursade against the NFL, that to completely back down now, especially with a new deal following soon after, would be a bit too transparent.

My feeling is it's an easy distraction from how f*cked up our country is becoming, and it simotaniously raises is his political stock on the national level and gain points amoung Eagle fans (his base). It's a pretty much win-win fight... who likes cheating in proffesional sports? And who doesn't like to see corporate dirty laundry on display?