1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sportsline: Texans quickly embrace top pick Williams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt Bot, May 18, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I still think the Texans should have taken Reggie Bush. :icon_huh:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    6 million dollars over 6 years was the reason why the Texans didn't grab Bush.

Reggie wanted 20% more than what last year's #1 overall got, to be the TExans' #1 overall.

Last year, Alex Smith got 6 years, $50 million, with $24 million guaranteed.

So, 20% more means 6 years, $60 million, and Reggie would have settle for $26 million guaranteed.

What did Mario sign for? 6 years, $54 million, with $26 million guaranteed.

So, because the Texans didn't want to part with $6 million, or an extra million per year, they gave up on Bush.

Big mistake.

Reggie will score more TDs each season than Williams will sacks. Reggie will have more receptions each year than Williams will tackles. Reggie will end up being OROY, Williams won't be DROY.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    We shal see, but I think you're right one this one.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

That's a pretty strong argument there Sluggo; I hadn't thought of it like that.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i think alot of it was need, at least that's my assessment

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Texans | Williams misses morning workout
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:40:06 -0700

Associated Press reports Houston Texans DE Mario Williams (toe) did not practice Wednesday, Aug. 2, during morning sessions due to an infection in one of his toes leading to a sleepless night. While he is OK, the team just didn't like the night he had to deal with so he was given the morning off.

This is disturbing to read. Gave him the morning off because of a restless night - jesus.

What Next ?

They will get the day off because the sun came up ?

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Didn't Merriman have a similar thing last year. Not a toe infection, but had his toenails removed.

He still went into training camp once he signed.

If this keeps happening for Mario, he might wind up the Stephanie Alexander of DEs. :lol:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    They yanked his toenail and he went to camp but because this dude had a restless night ? C'mon !!!

Wimps ....