1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sproles comments on Chargers work habits...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]

XTRA1360Ben Ben Higgins

by BFTB_Chargers

A little trash-talk from, of all people, the soft-spoken Darren Sproles. He told AP the Saints "work a little harder" than the Chargers.
    Take it for what it is worth...

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    I hate him already....... fargin' backstabber. ;)

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I know right....

[​IMG]

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Just because LT trashed the team on the way out of town, now everybody has to do it....... how pathetic. :rolleyes:

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Even if he thinks it why say it?. I thought Sproles was smarter than that and had more respect for his SD teammates. I'm not gonna hate on him for it, just surprised he might say something like this in public. Maybe it's BS?.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    There is no reason to be angry about this, every team in the league varies in practice intensity.

Marty was a hardass in the pre-season and his teams were infamous for choking late in seasons. His protege Bill Cowher was a super intense worker, and his teams always used to flame out at the end of the season until 2005. Tom Coughlin is a well known workaholic, and the Giants make it a yearly habit to choke their 5-0 start by finishing 0-5. Eric Mangini I've heard is an overworker, and his teams used to choke.

And conversely, Norv is a soft pre-season coach, his teams start slow and finish fast. Unfortunantly injuries, fumbles, and the worst postseason kicker in history have kept us from completing that fast finish.

8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    It irks me when players who made a ton of cash here, especially when they were severely overpaid in their final year or 2 with us considering their production or lack thereof, hold it against us for making a business decision and feel the need to take shots at us from their new location & teams.

Like with LT last season, it makes me look forward to when the Chargers play those teams, and the Bolts will get a chance to shut LT's mouth this year - Sproley's turn is coming soon, although Drew Brees has not lost to us since leaving San Diego.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Maybe the truth hurts a little?

Who cares what he says .... just win, baby!!!

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    The difference with Drew is he didnt and still doesnt trash on anyone.

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It seems like RB's are the biggest bitches. They lose a step and want to blame the team or O-line.

12. tunaman

tunaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Bitterness strikes again. So sad, too bad...now...back to the Bolt's run to the Super Bowl!

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I don't think he's bitter. How could he be?, he made off like a bandit the last 2 years here and signed a deal he was happy with in New Orleans. He's just expressed an opinion he should have kept to himself. I'm not gonna hold it against him. He always gave 100% as a Bolt even if he wasn't all that great doing so.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If your F is for Fuuuuuuu or Fart, both would be applicable....

15. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Sproles will last 1 year in NO and then he will move to another team. Just remember you read that here first.

16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    do you think he went out a little mad? He knows we are close to being an upper tier team, and the Saints are not going anywhere this year?

17. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    He also said the only thing he misses from San Diego is the weather. Truth or not, have some class when you leave somewhere that has paid you over 25 million dollars and treated you well. Can't anyone follow the Michael Turner exit? All he has ever said is, I appreciate the Chargers and what they did for me, I had a great time there learning, and now I get to use what I learned here in Atlanta. It's called respect and its a far more classy exit then throwing one liners out as you leave.

• Like Like x 4
  18. 340Bolt21

340Bolt21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Damn.... Why everyone catching feelings.... Dude said "work a LITTLE harder"!! What is so bad in that. He is on a new team. You want him to say the Saints are pussies and have horrible work habits?!? Anyways, since Lorenzo Neal left we haven't had a consistent running game which I would say is based on our Style of play with Rivers at QB. Regardless, that is all minor at this point, it is on us to do what we need to do to win this year. So far team is looking good, but preseason only counts for this much ---> 0.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :) Welcome to the forum :)

I think, (of course only speaking for myself) that most posts in here are in jest...

20. 340Bolt21

340Bolt21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    thanx for the welcome.... been on it for a minute.... Finally decided to sign up... Just trying to figure out a way on how I can watch all the games this season...

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    A lot of us are doing that. Hopefully we wont have too many blackouts. By too many I mean none...

22. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Welcome aboard! :abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2::raiderssuck::broncossuck::chiefssuck:

23. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Meh - I don't care. He didn't say anything super controversial and he's likely just trying to be positive about his new team. He's not the best public speaker and while he has made significant strides what he says isn't always verbatim what he means it's what he's able to get out.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Where there is smoke, there just may be fire. Just sayin

25. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I can really care less about what he says. He is gone and if he wants to run his mouth, that is his deal. He is the Saints problem now, not ours.

26. Chargersnemesis

Chargersnemesis Come out and plaaaaeeeaaaaayyyyy

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it.

27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
  29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    There's probably a nugget of truth in the statement, especially last year and given the attitude

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Hi Ya Sydalish!

Folks forget Darren's huge problem with public speaking/interviews and somebody from the AP wire elected to take advantage IMO. He probably has a very good right to be pissed-off at how that particular one is being presented. LT I believed - the Lightning Bug? I don't think so. JMHO

• Like Like x 1