1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sproles' learning to let it come

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee
    Monday, October 18, 2010 at 9:20 p.m.

Sunday in St. Louis was not Darren Sproles' biggest day statistically this season, but it was his best.

He appeared to run, especially on kickoff returns, as freely and decisively as he has all season.
    It’s been a slow start for Sproles.

But that hasn’t been for lack of trying. In fact, it has perhaps been partly due to Sproles trying too hard.
    His dad saw it from far away.

“You’re pressing right now,” Larry Sproles told his son after the Chargers’ game in Seattle last month.

“I was trying to make something happen,” Darren Sproles said Monday. “I can’t be like that. That’s not my game.”

In addition to kickoff returns of 31 and 27 yards in Sunday's loss to the Rams, Sproles gained 11 yards on three separate receptions and had a total of five catches for 48 yards. He also carried once for nine yards. It was his second-highest yardage total from scrimmage this season. (He had nine touches for 100 yards against Jacksonville.)

Sproles, who is making $7.2 million this season, would like the ball more. He is on pace for just 90 touches, 48 fewer than last season.

But he is also working on accepting his role and taking his touches as they come.

“I was trying to do too much,” Sproles said. “I’ve learned just now to relax.”

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Sproles sucks.

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Hes a 6th year pro who is making $7mil this year, he should of already learned everything he needs to learn

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Let it come to you, while your gone from San Diego and giving us the money back