1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sproles needs to be part of San Diego's offense

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

July 27, 2009 3:55 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

I was surprised to read that San Diego head coach Norv Turner expects Darren Sproles to be primarily a return man this season.

I thought the Chargers were ready to unleash Sproles more as a running back, and perhaps they will. Turner is not required to reveal his plans.

I just think with LaDainian Tomlinson likely needing more breaks than before and the fact that he dealt with injuries the past couple of seasons, coupled with Sproles having proved himself to be a dangerous running back that he'd get more chances.

I think the Chargers would be best served if they get Tomlinson 18-22 carries a game and Sproles 8-12 carries a game. Sproles is a weapon and the Chargers know it.

He can help San Diego in the rushing and receiving games in addition to being one of the premier return men in the league. That's why he was given the franchise tag and will be paid more than $6 million this season.

Sproles is going to be used because he can help the Chargers. That's the bottom line.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    AFC West salary cap room update

July 27, 2009 7:40 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

According to the latest NFL salary cap information, all four AFC West teams will have plenty of room to finish signing their draft class. Some teams will be able to add veterans closer to the season if the need arises.

The most interesting aspect of these latest numbers is that Kansas City still has more than $30 million in cap room after the extension of quarterback Matt Cassel.

Here is a look at the latest numbers. Note some of the numbers do not reflect recent rookie signing, but none have changed dramatically.

Denver

Salary cap room: $13.5 million.

Kansas City

Salary cap room: $30.16 million.

Oakland

Salary cap room: $7.82 million.

San Diego

Salary cap room: $9.545 million.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sproles will see plenty of action. Since when do coaches tell the truth before training camp?

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    where did this putz get his info?

we're going to pay 6 million to a return man??

:icon_huh:

5. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Cant wait to see sproles in action again my dude is nasty i remember in the last 2 minutes of the playoff against pitt rivers hit him for like q 30 yrd pass he was gone cant wait football cant get here fast enough for me

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Bill Williamson = [​IMG]