1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium and Canepa

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jul 17, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Thought I would repost a post from another forum which was resposted from yet another forum...

The one thing we all have in common is Bolt Fanhood...And Sharing these posts from other forums is a good practice when good ideas come up... 1st is a post from, thenflforum.com which is a repost from glorifythepast.com...

Here is Nick Canepas contact information...

Nick Canepa can be reached at (619) 293-1397, or via e-mail at nick.canepa@uniontrib.com.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/index.html

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  2. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    While I am totally in favor of a new stadium, I read Canepa's column and read Jack Murphy's column. Nick Canepa is no Jack Murphy. I'm not sure how influential he'd be. But hey, it's worth a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think Canepa would do it.

Has anyone emailed him, and gotten a response?

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I just want the Bolts to stay in the county...If it takes asking the UT and it's writers for support then I am all for it. I emailed Nick C. earlier, I will let you guys know what he says.

TBF

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    No way Canepa does it .. He has no loyalty to the Chargers. Have you read any of his articles during some of our leaner years!? You've got to be kidding me. I cringe every time I read anything he writes.

It is one thing calling teams out, but he is to blame as much for the problems the city of San Diego and the Chargers had when Dick Murphy was Mayor as anyone.

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    This is funny, I was looking at BA's post earlier today. I used to post all the time over there. :)

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    You may very well be correct here, and to be honest, that was my first impression....

Here is what it comes down to...if not now, then when, if not him, then who? I applaud those that have taken steps to keep this team in SD County. It does no harm trying. If he gets 25 emails from internet fans, then maybe he takes a step or two.

Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breathe...

TBF