1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stallworth a FA; should we get him?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 22, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I for one really want him on the Chargers assuming he's not asking for something insane

Eagles | Team unlikely to re-sign Stallworth before free agency starts
    Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:47:21 -0800

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said the team is unlikely to re-sign WR Donte' Stallworth before free agency starts. Heckert said, "If he's healthy, he's a really good player. I think that will be kind of a wait-and-see deal because I don't think even he knows what he's worth. Getting him done before free agency, that's probably not going to happen. There's not a whole lot of wide receivers out there. It's tough to gauge. When he's healthy, he's a good player. People are going to say the same thing — if he's injured (often), how much are you going to pay him? But he's young and he's fast. He's really fast. I think he'll probably end up signing a pretty good contract somewhere. If you look at last year, those (2006 free agents) got huge money and they were just OK guys."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

you'se guys want a burner and a deep threat, imagine him teamed with Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It all depends on what kind of a guy he is.

Character is everything right now. I don't know much about him, so can't tell you, but from a straight skill standpoint, he would definately be an upgrade over both Keenan and Eric.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    He was hurt alot, I hadta sit'im quite a bit on onea my FFL's.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Is he one of those Tim Dwight always on the IR kind of guys?

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    definetely has injury trouble but unlike dwight has the ability to truly be a #1 deep threat.
    Again I think he'd be a great addition at the right price; if he wants like steve smith or musin muhammad or keyshawn johnson money then he can go to hell

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Agreed .. he is a playmaker and should be looked at for sure .. I just don't think AJ is going to look into free agency for a WR. I expect him to look in the draft as he has done most of our core players.

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'd love to have him but I'm pretty sure his asking-price will, in fact, be insane. Look at what guys like Lloyd and Randel-El (thanks Snyder you idiot) were able to get and it tells me stupid franchises will hugely overpay for free-agents who can make an impact. Stallworth is probably worth $2.5 to $3 million per season given his production but someone will probably offer him $5 million.

Even if we do land a guy like Stallworth I'd like to draft another receiver prospect this year. And unlike some I don't think we need to dump Parker. If we can have Parker as our #3 next year I think that's right where he belongs.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yeah, I agree with ya Thunderstruck. I'm not down on Parker, I just think he's #3 material and nothing more.

Stallworth would be great @ the right price.

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I would love to sign him!

#1 - Vinny Jack
    #2 - Stallworth
    #3 - Sidney Rice/Johnnie Lee Higgins
    #4 - FLoyd

We could end up competeing with the likes of the cardinals, colts and bengals for the best WR core in the NFL!

10. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    I think it is pretty damn funny that "best WR core in the NFL" and "Cardinals" were just used in the same sentence. Who wudda thunk it ..

11. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Man, im so jealous of their WR core, they have 2 of the top 10 WRs in the NFL, including the leagues best (Fitzgerald)

I just wish going into next year we actually have 1 WR in the top 25 in the NFL

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    You are absolutely right. Don't pay too much bucks to an Receiver,
    with having Jackson and Floyd to get better next year. McCardell can get healthy, he's a fine teammate and perhaps a good coach.
    Parker Nr. 3 = okay.

13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Trade Turner to the Cards for Fitz. Turner out of the AFC and we p/u a stud who appears to have the right additude.

14. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    They have Edgerrin James and JJ Arrington, so......unfortunately i dont think that will work

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    and while I'm dreaming I"ll go back in time and give the Pats the flu last week

16. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    We dont need another WR that drops balls

17. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Turner for Fitz would be a dream trade.. but I don't think that would ever happen.

Stallworth... I'm on the fence. His injury problems are a red flag. He'd be a great pickup if he could stay healthy - but we already have a few fragile WRs.

What I'd give for a Hines Ward.

18. Boltz_Backer22

Boltz_Backer22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont think Stallworth is a good fit for this team ... Plus the dude is a China Doll for godness sake. I mean that guy always seems to be hurt. As far as Fitz goes , i dont seem them (The Cards) tossing aways the dollars they spent for "Edge" on to the bench. I think Rice from South Carolina is the fit we need. He can strech the field and get behind people. Makes the tough catch look easy, and always catches with his hands. Rice and Jackson with the E.P. "The Bail Bondsman" as the third WR/Slot, That lets us move Floyd to the #4 WR.

19. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I firmly believe Turner is twice the back of Edge. IMO.

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    In AJ I trust :yes:

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Its worse then that. MLB players that sneeze there way onto the DL laugh at how many injuries this guy has a year.
    Injuries are a result of poor work ethic, or soft players.

We should just go ALLL OUT to get Calvin Johnson. It would complete the offense in a way it has never been completed before.

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

David Givens got a huge contract and AJ wont even go for that size. Stallworth could get more.

I wouldnt mind having him but i know AJ wont pursue him.

23. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Stallworth's hands are suspect

24. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    he will be roasted in San Diego. Heck, people are turning on Parker!
    Stallworth would never fit in on the Chargers...

25. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I love Turner but please...

26. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    that's not very fair to timmy and his collapsed lung.

27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    What about this man doesnt just shout! BADASS!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better to be the Burner then the Edge!

28. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I think that people are overpricing Stallworth. The guy can't stay healthy, and that certainly doesn't bode well for him. I think that Stallworth will get a pretty nice contract, with much of it being incentive based. Unless someone gambles on him... we shall see.

29. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    There are lots of desperate teams out there .. Might not be as far fetched as you think.

30. Jrocthadino

Jrocthadino BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I dont think we've seen the end of parker, jackson, or osgood (yet I still have yet to see why this guy is so great). And whatever did happen to Malcom Floyd? There is a hole at the starting wr and I dont want it filled with stallworth, I would rather risk taking the potential of someone in the draft. Stallworth will take it easy after signing a contract and we all know that he has foot problems. Also, we have seen the full potential of dante, other recievers (draft) at least have the advantage of a higher potential.