1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

State Of The League: San Diego Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Bleacher Report
    By Brian Lumpkin

The Chargers have once again failed to make anything of their season. LaDanian Tomlinson sure looks like he is at the near end with his now constant injuries, and they put the Franchise Tag on Darren Sproles.

Don’t get me wrong, Sproles had a couple of pretty good games, but he’s no franchise player, definitely not a starter, not even if L.T. goes elsewhere soon.
    They lost Goff to the Chiefs and Olshansky to the Cowboys. They did get Kevin Burnett from the Cowboys, but I think they have bigger problems than that.

How bout picking up some Corners and/or safeties? Next to last in pass coverage doesn’t really say, “Hey let’s go nab a LB.”

I feel bad for Philip Rivers, because they have all this get to the playoffs talent, but they lack the win in the playoffs talent. He is a damn good QB and he deserves to have the talent to win some games. He and LaDanian can’t do it all.

The Chargers will probably continue to make the playoffs for the next three or four years, but they will lose in the first round every time, until they decide to get some more talent to catch the passes from Rivers.

Grab some in the Draft or guess who is still available in free agency, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Ike Hilliard, Joe Jurevicious, etc… They may be down in their productivity as of late, but their veteran presence could be what they need for training purposes and who knows they could have just needed a change.

Look at Jerry Rice, his last two years in San Fran were barely 800 yd seasons, then he went to Oakland and had over 1,000 yds in his first two. He may have just needed the change of venue, maybe that’s what Marvin, Torry, and/or Ike need.

I say someone with a QB (San Diego) should grab at least one of these guys up for a single year contract and see if they can actually still produce. If no then you have to say, “Peace out homie”.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:

Did the Raiders win the SB with Rice???

PS..... Brian Lumpkin??? who the F*** are YOU!!!???

3. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think they misspelled his name, should have been Brian Bumpkin. What a putz.

4. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    That's why you should ignore Bleacher Report.

It's like listening to the Bleacher Bums on 1090, except in print.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Let's see...

for starters "...have once again failed to make anything of their season" what season? you mean the OFFseason? :icon_shrug: pretty stupid error if that's what he meant.

"They lost Goff to the Chiefs and Olshansky to the Cowboys." we're doomed, how do we replace 2 all-pro players :icon_huh:

"but they will lose in the first round every time" uhh, they have won 3 playoff games in the last 2 seasons :yes:

I truly believe that wr/te is NOT the problem :no:

"Philip Rivers...He is a damn good QB " only thing I agree with :tup:

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That is one of the worst articles I have ever read. :tdown:

This guy isn't even close to the JV level. :icon_rofl:

7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    This is the only acceptable thing to say to that

Attached Files:

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    A moron and a keyboard.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Bleeding Hell. I'm glad I'm not alone here. I could not believe what I was reading. Who the hell gave this lad the licence to write and then print this garbage.

WOW, just wow. Now somebody delete this thread quick, please.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    this

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I say we give our #1 to Arizona and get Boldin...

12. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

BDA in da house!!! :abq2::abq1::abq2:

Oh yea, wtf about getting Boldin? Just what we need another giant slow WR. :lol:

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'd give all our draft picks, my first, second and third born children (and maybe a kidney or two) for Larry Fitzgerald but... Boldin is kind whiney, albeit a baller, I just don't think he'd fit here... Plus we have PLENTY of people for Philip to toss the pigskin to around here.

WE NEED BEEF dumbass (article writer who doesn't deserve his name in print) BEEF BEEF and more BEEF. Preferably of the angry variety pls tx~

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree with Beef. But I like Boldin, regardless of what the LDA (Little dumb animal) says...

15. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Gotta get tougher up the middle. I agree with more BEEF. We got the receivers (somebody forget Naanee?) Buster will get better, Holy crap Jackson will tear it up. Great to see Parker as a receivers assistant coach. Starting the season healthy will be scary wicked bad ***.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    After reading that I need booze

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I stopped reading at "bleacher report"

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Lucky! I wish I had.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oughtta be Blumpkin. :icon_twisted: :tdown:

20. Vinny ECB

Vinny ECB BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    OLine or DLine in da 1st round (whichever comes first).
    If the Bolts selected TJack @ 16, how well does he support the run? Didn't see LSU much last season.

What's the BoltTalk consensus on Oher? I like him.
    Scouting Report:
    The Good: The total package at tackle. Possesses a big, strong-looking frame with long arms and a well-built upper and lower body. Displays an explosive first step and can consistently get outside and reach speed rushers. Excellent lateral mobility and feet. Plays low with good leverage and exhibits a powerful punch on contact. The most upside of any tackle in the group.
    The Bad: Has had some well-documented learning disabilities and may need his fair share of reps at the next level. Isn’t as consistent as you’d like to see; seems to have lapses in concentration vs. lower level competition.

Ant, Excellent 5th rnd pick! Coffee is definitely the type of back needed to assist the troops. I'm a Bama fan so I've seen plenty of his game action. I can't believe he's barely 200. He's strong for his size & solid inside runner. He'll have to work on his pass catching but MT didn't get many catches either.

Can't wait till draft weekend. I figure they're won't be any news to read till then.

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You don't anything but a computer, a connection and a willingness to humiliate yourself to glide through the intertubes.