1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Typical Bush rhetoric.

1st, spend 15 minutes promising to do things that he'll never do, like cutting our need for oil.
    2nd, spend 15 minutes convicing everyone that terrorist are bad and we are in danger.
    3rd, spend 5 minutes talking about people who are far better human beings than the President is or ever will be.

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    That man is so full of shyte, his eyes have turned brown.:tdown:

He was OK for a week or so after 9/11. He hasn't done a damn thing right since.:icon_evil:

JMHO.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    I hate him so much.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Does that include right after 911 when he just kept reading my little pony or whatever to the school children?

Then again, even a broken watch is right twice a day. Well, except for digital watches. I had a digital watch once that broke. It was always wrong.

Have you ever sniffed Drano? It's trippy. :icon_shrug:

So what were we talkin' about?

5. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    Ah, the chatter of simple minds.

6. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    :icon_tease:

Yeah, and anyone who wastes precious time listening to the Simple Mind in Chief's bloviations must surely know what that statement means, in every sense of the word.:lol:

7. LT teh ghost

Ratings:
    +313

thanks for proving my point again. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I see you're a moderator, LT 'teh' ghost........hey, aren't you supposed to be a little more.......well..........moderate?:icon_huh:

I'm a mod for a nursing website, and we have to maintain at least a semblance of impartiality (and NOT insult other members). What gives?

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I find it funny the criticisms of left regarding military operations when Bubba's most successful military op was the full scale invasion of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco Texas (where American citizens were slaughtered and burned). Where was the outcry then? There was none because these were right wing religious fanatics. Gotta love the impartiality of the mainstream media.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LT teh ghost

Ratings:
    +313

Don't forget when he abandoned samolia.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Hey............

Its job security for me! As long as the Navy needs Planes to fly over some land, on a mission, they will need F/A18's. I fix those Planes after the Sailors get done with them. And after the Marines get done with them, well lets just say, they keep em flying! How I dont know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Keep em flying bro :tup:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Buck Fush & his evil regime! The sooner we can impeach this clown (Cheney first), the safer the world will be. We have few friends left in the world because of this admin's agenda.

Homeland security should begin at home. Katrina showed how prepared this country is to keep it's citizens safe. While our tax dollars go to support an illegal war, domestic situations continue to be ignored (illegal immigration, social security, healthcare, education, poverty, etc.).

I marched against the war in Iraq on 1/27 in DC, along w/approx. 500,000 other patriots. Keep the pressure on your elected officials to stand up for what is right & get these clowns out of power ASAP!! :angry:

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And why do you want to take money out of my Pocketbook?

I am working tons of overtime, which helps put food on the table, and buy Charger season tickets

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Huh? I guess you're saying that Democrats will raise taxes, right?

My point is that the money being WASTED on this senseless war could be spent to fix these problems instead of giving Halliburton windfall profits!

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That doesn't seem to be a condition for being a mod here.

Hey, it's their forum, I jes post pad here.

18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And I guess everyone is supposed to buy into your opinion, huh?

This is America, and you are entitled to your opinion, but if you do not like the way things are going, feel free to find some place else to live.

And I hope they do raise taxes, I need a pay raise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Freedom of speech.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No, I don't think everyone is suppose to buy into my opinion. I thought we were having a discussion. Of course, since I want to state my opinion & disagreement with the direction of the country, you want to bring out the tired old "love it or leave it" spiel. Well guess what? I'm not the type to give up on something that I love & cherish, like my country. Instead, I believe in taking an active part in being a responsible citizen & utilizing my rights to work for change. Being patriotic doesn't mean I have to agree with the current administration or endorse that we push our beliefs onto others.

I'll listen to anything that you have to say, but don't give me the feel free to leave if I don't like it speech again. You don't know me, you don't know where my belief system originates, & you don't have the right to judge me based upon a faceless conversation held from behind a keyboard. If you have any more insulting remarks, you can PM me & we'll get down to business.

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

You have me confused with someone who cares.

I am not into politics. I have no affiliation with either party. I vote for the best guy available, and sometimes, when I don’t like either one, I don’t vote. But that is my right; I am a Veteran of the US Air Force, and I exercise that right.

You may not like the war in Iraq, but how many people over there are glad we did come in and get rid that idiot.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    It's on!!:yes: :tup:

23. LT teh ghost

Ratings:
    +313

You do know they hated us before bush, and they will hate us after. They don't want us to change, they want us dead.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Y'all shoulda got Hanoi Jane as a speaker at y'alls protest :icon_rofl:

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I wonder if this guy has ever gone to an event where those in Uniform have been cheered with standing ovations! At the Monster truck rally here in San Diego, those of us that served, we were asked to stand up AFTER those that were on Active duty stood up in front of everyone, it would of warmed your heart to hear the crowd!

I guess to some, they will NEVER know what it is like to have served, and done it proudly, no matter when!

And you Toby, lead the pack around here, you were wounded in combat, something I never saw, but I was ready if I was called upon. Per the VA, I am a Vietnam ERA vet, though I never went in Country, I was to young for that. I started my Senior Year in High School knowing I would not be drafted, but I still went active duty after I graduated, and was on active duty in June of 1975 when Vietnam was "Closed".

• Like Like x 1
  26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

Thanx H8er-right now, I'm inna small Mexican cafe that caters to Special Forces and Airborne soldiers from back in the day. When an active duty soldier walks in, we draw straws to decide who will pay for that soldiers meal.

The walla are lined with pics from back in the day, when these heroes served their country proudly. The urinal has onea those Hanoi Jane target to pee on.

If you could see this place, you'd be very proud, and somewhat humbled. I am every Wednesday, when I meet these guys for breakfast.

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    As you know there are two Border Patrol Agents serving time in prison for protecting our border. They were tried for shooting a drug smuggler. That same drug smuggler has been caught again smuggling drugs into the USA. He currently has a law suit pending against the United States.

FOX posted a White House phone number to call asking it's viewers to request a Presidential pardon for these two agents. I am also asking that they be reinstated to their jobs with back pay. The phone number is: 202-456-1111. You may have to try several times. The line is busy.

The White House e-mail address is: comments@whitehouse.gov

Keep that telephone number available and don't give up. You may have to wait until later for a better time to get through. It doesn't pay to sit on our butts complaining. It does pay to take action regardless of how little that action appears to be.

It is time to either be content with the way things are now and keep quite or let our collective voices be heard.

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And I'm letting mine be heard. We all have a right to speak our minds.

Perhaps you guys think that I'm anti-military. Not at all. I'm very grateful to all of the troops who have served & are still serving. But I don't agree with our direction in Iraq. That has nothing to do with supporting the troops. What I don't support is this administration's policies & lies.

Don't confuse me with a passive hippie. I believe in force when it's proper & necessary.

29. LT teh ghost

Ratings:
    +313

So you're saying you support other administration's lies?

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    And to not care.