1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Statement issued by Mark Fabiani

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN, Jan 5, 2007.

1. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    STATEMENT

Mark Fabiani
    Special Counsel to the San Diego Chargers
    January 5, 2007

"The Chargers today returned a phone call from the Honorable Oscar Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayor Goodman expressed to the Chargers his desire to explore the relocation of the team to the Las Vegas area. The Chargers thanked Mayor Goodman for his continued interest and support and then explained the team’s five-year-long effort to find a publicly-acceptable stadium solution in the San Diego area. The Chargers also detailed for Mayor Goodman the Chargers’ ongoing work in Chula Vista, National City and Oceanside. Finally, the Chargers concluded the conversation with Mayor Goodman by repeating the team’s commitment to continue for the time being to work within San Diego County."

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sounds like the Chargers want to work out a stadium deal here. Let's hope that doesn't change anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I know, I'm trying to put a positive spin on this, but you shot any chance of that to hell. :no:

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    And nothing about the NFL NOT wanting a Team in Las Vegas, the distractions would be a nightmare.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I would put money on it, too. But not being the gambling addict you are, I guess that doesn't mean as much. :icon_rofl:

Just kidding, Lesiure. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    ITS "we're trying to work out our relationship right now but if we're free we'll take you up on your offer"

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Here's what I read:

"Hey San Diego, Las Vegas is really interested. Make it happen SD or you'll all be cheering for the Las Vegas Chargers!!!

Seriously, why else would they release a statement about recieving a call? To A) reassure the fan base and B) to warn the fan base. We all KNEW there would be a hoard of cities calling for the Bolts. I'm not say, but I'm just saying.

*crosses his fingers*

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I don't think the Chargers will wait forever for a stadium in San Diego county, so for for the time being is acceptable

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Excuse me if I follow the rules of the English language, Leisure. You might think your important enough to warrant a change to the rules of language, but you're not. :icon_finger:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Leverage. Just so San Diego city or county won't sit on the plans for another 5 years.

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Does this mean that I'm wasting my time,camping out in line,for season tickets? :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I can't imagine the NFL would allow any team in Vegas.

LA makes the most sense by far, and I'm sure that is the stick that the Chargers are holding over the city's head.

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/stories/MYSA010407.05C.FBN.BBOcity.2ecfd56.html

Web Posted: 01/03/2007 11:30 PM CST

Tom Orsborn
    Express-News Staff Writer

Mayor Phil Hardberger and County Judge Nelson Wolff have scheduled a meeting for next week to discuss how San Antonio would pursue NFL or Major League Baseball teams interested in relocation.

"Phil and I need to come to a consensus on how we should approach (teams exploring relocation) and what we are willing do to do get a team," Wolff said Wednesday.

County sports consultant Michael Sculley will also attend the meeting, Wolff said. County commissioners want Sculley to develop relationships with Major League Baseball and the NFL and keep the county apprised of opportunities.

"We have a pipeline to Major League Baseball because of the Marlins, but we need to strengthen that pipeline," Wolff said. "And, at some point, we need to make contact with (NFL commissioner Roger Goodell)."

The county attempted to lure the Marlins away from South Florida last spring with a plan that called for generating $200 million for a stadium by extending the tourism taxes paying for the AT&T Center.

City and county officials are also expected to attend a meeting of the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce's NFL task force Wednesday to discuss how the city would react if the San Diego Chargers decide to pursue relocation.

Under their agreement with San Diego, the Chargers are free to talk to any U.S. city about relocating. But the club has said several times it won't entertain proposals from cities outside San Diego County.

The Chargers, who want a new stadium, can leave San Diego after the 2008 season.

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Good point Boltssbbound.

:icon_rofl:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    What was that Leisure? You say something?

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Little "l" ..... lit'l dick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vegas Chargers

Vegas Chargers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Chargers Will Move to Vegas

Special Counsel didn't slam the door shut, much in the same way Nick Satan didn't close the door on Bama.

Chargers move to Vegas and Davis moves the Raiders to San Diego.

Only problem is when the Chargers do move here to Sin City, what does the team's name become?

19. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

Since it will NEVER happen, It should be the San Diego Chargers of Las Vegas. :icon_rofl: :helm1:

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Nice try. Ain't going to happen. You can take that to the bank.