1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Steeg...AJ...Dean....whomever you want to blame....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    ....I was told to direct any complaints to Steeg when I talked to the ticket office about the pile of crap that they had the nerve to hand out to the many dedicated season ticket holders. Without any prior notification the payment option became either in full or a half and half split due within 30 days of one another, instead of the ever since I have had tix, thirds and spread out.

The bigger slap in the face as to how we are nothing more than a cash cow to the organization to milk dry is that I, along with my field level seats also have two obstucted view field level seats that were less face value due to the fact that they are "obstucted view" which have now instantly become ( without ANY prior notice !) the same price as my others!!!!...now it is a business and they are well within their rights to change things however they want but to make such a drastic change and without any advance notice as to make it possible for a working class guy to make arraingements in how to handle the instant burden that this has become is flat out ridiculous!!!

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That sucks!! :tdown:

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    It should be at Steeg, I'm pretty sure he's the one behind all the changes. AJ doesn't have anything to do with it. Dean I'm sure would have some say though.

Anyways it doesn't matter who's to blame, but that sucks man. :tdown:

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    What bugs me is that every person you talk to has been given different information. I received an invoice that said my minimum payment was $32. I made a payment of $100 and confirmed with a woman at the Chargers' ticket office that it was sufficient payment for now.

I've had several other fans tell me they have received different info. So I guess I have to call them for a third time to make sure I don't lose my seats.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    My invoice says that the minimum due by 3-17-07 was only $17. There was no mention on the invoice about the time frame for when the rest would become due. I had a $310 credit from the playoffs, so I paid the balance in full. I agree though, it is very strange how everyone is being given different info by the Chargers.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That really sucks man!

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That bites, makes me realize that I am not paying much at all for my NFL ticket.

I just hope the Chargers dont price themselves into blackouts. (I know that is not likely, jes sayin)...

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Like I said in the other thread about tickets, I called the office on Monday and they said half the $1624 balance was due now, so $812. I asked them about payments, they said nope, not this year. The girl I spoke to told me I had until this Friday, the 24th, to make the minimum payment due, $812, or lose my seats. The only real problem I had is that I wasn't going to charge them, butnow I have no choice. I simply don't have $800 cash lying around, especially right before our taxes are due.

It blows, but I can see it from there point of view. There's no loyalty in business, the Chargers are the hottest commodity in San Diego right now, and the team is striking while it's hot. I understand, though I don't agree. I do however think it's complete BULLSHIT that they raised the prices on the obstructed guys behind the benches w/out warning. That's freakin' low.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well, I've now spoken with three different people at the Chargers ticket office and none of them has told me that. They seem like they don't know what the hell is going on.

10. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I have 4 field seats at $810 each = $3240 - $560 from the playoff games I was credited = $2680 + $750 for my tailgate zone spot (Went up another 50 bucks this year which makes me wonder if parking will climb to $25 a head) = $3430 with $1715 due now and the rest in like 30 days. Sucks, but what is a die hard Charger fan gonna do?

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yep. They've got us by the balls.

:mad:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_eek:

brutal

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I paid the whole amount on Friday. :eek:

14. Kinghooker

Kinghooker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    What's wrong with paying the balance with a credit card and making payments to your card over the next 5-6 months? Some interest will be due, but what the heck! Don't lose your seats.

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Is it worth it to pay for the tailgate spot?

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I don't have a credit card, nor do I want one ever again.

I've had credit problems in the past and don't wanna get back into that situation again.

The problem I have is that in the past they have given us an opportunity to pay as much as we could afford as we went along as long as we paid the tickets in full by the final due date. Not this year. Give us all the money right now. Last year final payment was due in June, this year, it's like end of April (I'm not exactly sure).