1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers' Mendenhall criticized for Tweets about bin Laden

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, May 3, 2011.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Steelers' Mendenhall criticized for Tweets about bin Laden - latimes.com

2. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Another player demonstrating that they are athletes and not scholars.

3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    He also backed Adrian Peterson the other month when he came out with his "we are treated like slaves" comment regarding the lockout.

Rashard may have skipped a few classes in College me thinky.....or more than likely just showed up for the games on Saturdays.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Big deal. This is America. Free speech biatches.

5. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Free speech means he has the legal and political right to say what he wants.

That doesn't mean that we have to put up with and respect the stupid **** that he says.

6. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    And people in this forum are using thier free speech commenting on his free speech. :icon_shrug:

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Which means we have the freedom to call his opinion stupid. :icon_shrug:

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Exactly.

I don't see anybody in here calling for Mendenhall to be arrested and locked in prison for what he said.

It always baffles me when somebody brings up "freedom of speech" after seeing people call somebody out for making dumbass comments.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Anyway, after seeing Mendenhall agree with Adrian Peterson's comparison of NFL players to the slave trade it really doesn't surprise me that he's also stupid enough to buy into the asinine 9-11 conspiracy theories.

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
  11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
  12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I just want to know if the gubbemrent unthawed bin laden before they shot him in the head.

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
  14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Anyone tried the new bin Laden cocktail?

Two shots and a splash of water...

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    No bacon? Infidel

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I see nothing wrong with Mendenhall's remarks. Why should he celebrate a death? My understanding is that one of the tenets of Christianity is "thou shalt not kill".

Am I sorry bin Laden is gone? Not at all. I just can't get on board with the flag-waving, USA-chanting rah rah crowd. If that makes me some sort of traitor, so be it.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    And I wonder how many of those in that rah-rah crowd criticized the military for going into Iraq and Afghanistan?

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Most aren't taking issue with those comments. Many people across the internet, celebrities and non-celebrities alike, have been clamoring about how we shouldn't celebrate the man's death for those same reasons. Had Mendenhall stopped there he would be just another person misquoting MLK Jr and preaching against eye-for-an-eye mentality.

Mendenhall separates himself from the rest when he starts hinting at the 9-11 conspiracy theories.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Yeah, I'll gladly take a dumbass like Harrison on our team if it helped win the Super Bowl. :lol:

Mendenhall, on the other hand, is a big reason why they don't have 7.

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. I know a lot of people, including myself, are happy we finally got Bin Laden. But one thing people don't think about is that whether we killed him or not, he accomplished his goal. He changed the US. His actions prompted us to give up on American values. As Benjamin Franklin said "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Once again. Mendenhall is not receiving heat for his comments regarding whether or not we should be cheering OBL's death.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    This is what most people are ******** on Mendenhall about

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I won't belabor this outside of the political forum but I am firmly in the camp that believes there is far more to the 9/11/2001 events than the "official" story.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    There may or may not be more to the story (there usually is more to any story involving government actions) but it most certainly is not the government-funded conspiracy that was made popular by the morons behind "Loose Change" and what Mendenhall was hinting at.

There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons.

edit: Oh, and this entire thread is political from the onset, so I won't hold back. Mods can feel free to move it if they like. The only connection to football this thread has is that a football player spewed political comments on his twitter.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Have at it, Leo. You wanna put me in the class of a moron, good for you. I stopped giving a flying **** about other peoples' opinions long ago.

I don't buy the single bullet theory either, just for the record. ;)

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'll buy the JFK conspiracy theories long before I buy the "Loose Change" theories.

The explanations and possible motive for JFK being a conspiracy makes 100,000,000,000 times more sense than 9/11 being a government operation.

Why demolish the towers with a "controlled demolition" and perpetrate like they were taken down with planes when you can just tell the public the terrorists planted the bombs and explosives? It's not like they didn't try that before...

Those asinine 9/11 theories make no sense.

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    What is soo stupid about what he said? I for one agree.

Questioning if we should celebrate the death of someone like OBL is not the same as arguing that he should not have been killed.

I for one look back at all the people mad at the arabs celebrating the American deaths at 9/11 and then the Americans celebrating OBL's death as see little difference between the two.

I for one refuse to celebrate a death. Before all your panties get in a wad, that does not mean that I feel he should not have died.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    sigh

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    So, if you want an answer to your question about what's so stupid about what he said just click on the link I provided in posts 9 and 24.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Ok, your opinion. Do you by any chance speak for hell jumper or others here who are not as 'coached' in their responses?

If not, then please step off.